shopping for camera stuff in Aus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pang-Jio Man

Aug 22, 2007
hi,
i will be in australia for two weeks. just wondering if there's anything that's worth getting and actually cheaper in AUstralia?

hi,
i will be in australia for two weeks. just wondering if there's anything that's worth getting and actually cheaper in AUstralia?

what are you aiming for?

bags or any camera stuff

Frankly speaking before the SG to AUS exchange rate, the electronic prices in Aus is $$$$... hence dun see the point of buying there... :(

Hi guys

I'm currently in Parramatta, Sydney right now.

Was at this shopping centre last nite

http://westfield.com.au/parramatta/ourstores/details/tom-saades-camera-house-4176.html

Here are some of the prices for a reference:

Canon G10 - A$619
Canon A2000 - A$259

Prices are quite attractive given the weaker A$ to SGD.

Even if its on an exchange rate of 1.1, its still cheaper than SG. But the warranty is only valid in Australia according to the sales exec.

regards
fox

But not to forget if u spend more than $300 in a single receipt, you are able to have tax rebate at the airport. The amount of take you are able to get back is the amount u spend - amount spend / 1.1.

I think now is the best time to buy lens in australia since lens come with international warranty plus the tax rebate is much cheaper than sg.

hi,

You never mention which part of Aust you will be at...

I also interested to know more as I will be heading to Melbourne. anyone can recommend any good shops in Melbourne?

Status
Not open for further replies.