Shopping around for Stuffs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeter

May 1, 2004
Went down SLS's Alan Photo..... The people there ain't friendly, is it they earned too much ? Wau lauz.... cannot make it one. Seems more like chopping foreigner and chopping those Rich Ah-Pek & Auntie photographers. And their stock seems so cheap too, yet the price. Hai~ just that in Singapore only these few shops sell wide range of photography stuffs, also no need to be like that one what, spoilt my shopping experience...

ARrrrrrgh.... ain't there anymore places selling photography stuffs ? :dunno:
This is horrible, guess i would rather get 2nd-hand items, or use my camera as a point and shoot camera........ :blah:

leeter said:
Went down SLS's Alan Photo..... The people there ain't friendly, is it they earned too much ? Wau lauz.... cannot make it one. Seems more like chopping foreigner and chopping those Rich Ah-Pek & Auntie photographers. And their stock seems so cheap too, yet the price. Hai~ just that in Singapore only these few shops sell wide range of photography stuffs, also no need to be like that one what, spoilt my shopping experience...

This is horrible, guess i would rather get 2nd-hand items, or use my camera as a point and shoot camera........ :blah:

personally, i dun like to SLS to get camera stuff. heck, even computer stuff too. SLS is not a place for newbies or the faint-hearted. even computer stuff, unless u do ur home work b4 hand, sure kenna loads of BS from the shops there. i still like to visit small shops where they know u and are much friendlier.

Yupz... i am not afriad of been conned (coz i do do my homework and i bought my systems from SLS myself) But the attitude really... hai~ wondering why still so many photographers go there buy their items (perhaps they have no choice) But really, photography in Singapore just like Dancesport, can't really make it, there are only afew dominating shops which pushes the price up. And there ain't competition, thus they are not effcient and act tao.... haha... and in Singapore, 2nd-hand stuffs are sold at near First hand prices (i now then know... lolz..) But still there are some nice guys out there selling @ low price lahz..

leeter said:
Yupz... i am not afriad of been conned (coz i do do my homework and i bought my systems from SLS myself) But the attitude really... hai~ wondering why still so many photographers go there buy their items (perhaps they have no choice) But really, photography in Singapore just like Dancesport, can't really make it, there are only afew dominating shops which pushes the price up. And there ain't competition, thus they are not effcient and act tao.... haha... and in Singapore, 2nd-hand stuffs are sold at near First hand prices (i now then know... lolz..) But still there are some nice guys out there selling @ low price lahz..

anyway FYI, stuff in Singapore is already very cheap compared to places like Europe. :D

leeter said:

Through my experience. Always remember the name of one or two saleman . Next time when you drop in , address him by his name and most likely he would be friendly to you. It works for my, esp at Cathay as I seldom get things from Alan photo

oic... haha.... in the end, i acted tough, spoke in english, then they addressed to what i needed.... :confused:

So stuffs in Europe are even more expensive hmm... then they must get their items while oversea which make it more worthwhile... lolz :p

Go there must talk ah beng one lah.
CP must be formal, office wear better.

I was at John 3:16 in Funan Centre last week.

It was the first time I bought something from them, and their service was prompt, warm and helpful. No airs from Samuel...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I will definitely recommend people sick of ah beng retailers to come here....

price is definitely worth a second look :)

Status
Not open for further replies.