Shooting video with prime lenses

amanmazleigh

Jun 28, 2010
Hey guys,

I'm switching over to mirrorless system soon and also started getting interesting in videos. the camera would be the olympus omd em5. the thing is i am not sure if i should get the 12-35 f2.8 zoom lens or just PL 25mm. if i use prime lenses how do i so called zoom in with my feet without having terrible camera shake?

amanmazleigh said:
Hey guys,

I'm switching over to mirrorless system soon and also started getting interesting in videos. the camera would be the olympus omd em5. the thing is i am not sure if i should get the 12-35 f2.8 zoom lens or just PL 25mm. if i use prime lenses how do i so called zoom in with my feet without having terrible camera shake?

stabilizer.

thank you so much for being patient with me guys. :) i'll work on the advices u guys gave.

In videography terms, moving forwards and backwards is known as "Dolly". A little knowledge there ;)

The best choice to eliminate shakiness is a stabilizer but with that small camera the choices are limited. Steadicam Merlin is great for small cameras like yours.

I personally won't buy expensive stuff for leisure use. Just use one hand to hold the camera, the other hand to hold the wrist. Limit stompy and loud movements or footsteps. Bend your knees slightly and move like a ninja.

In videography terms, moving forwards and backwards is known as "Dolly". A little knowledge there ;)

The best choice to eliminate shakiness is a stabilizer but with that small camera the choices are limited. Steadicam Merlin is great for small cameras like yours.

I personally won't buy expensive stuff for leisure use. Just use one hand to hold the camera, the other hand to hold the wrist. Limit stompy and loud movements or footsteps. Bend your knees slightly and move like a ninja.

adding on, you might want to keep your upper arms close to your body as well, for extra stability!