Shooting Tips for Press

Status
Not open for further replies.

flipfreak

Nov 26, 2007
Singapore
www.rogerchua.com
anybody got tips to share with me on how to cover a press release? suppose to go for one next week but i have no idea what's it abt and what i shld be taking other than the VIPs.

Beside the people, I`m sure you can the surrounding view too. The objects, food and drink, the staff, the interior. I`m sure you can do it. :vhappy::vhappy:

Thats a good opportunity you have!
I would say that it would be good to know what the journalist
would like to write on, and shoot accordingly.

You key role in such an event is to get the key shots. Get an itinerary or sequence of events for the day. Know who are the VIPs and make sure you get good shots of them. Know where you should be at every part of the schedule.

As long as you get the key shots, the rest is up to you to be creative. The key shots need not be creative, but its got to be taken ;)

Hope this helps...

You key role in such an event is to get the key shots. Get an itinerary or sequence of events for the day. Know who are the VIPs and make sure you get good shots of them. Know where you should be at every part of the schedule.

As long as you get the key shots, the rest is up to you to be creative. The key shots need not be creative, but its got to be taken ;)

Hope this helps...

alrighty. great tips u got for me. i gotta take notes of this. :bsmilie:

oh yeah. got 1 qns i forgot to ask. shld i use my 135 since i don't think i am gonna be that near to them.

oh yeah. got 1 qns i forgot to ask. shld i use my 135 since i don't think i am gonna be that near to them.

I would generally first find out the place i would be going. a rough estimate would do. i would talk to the person who engaged me on the size of the place, how close i can get to the shots i need to take, etc. from there, i can then estimate what lenses i would need. i would also go early to do some test shots so that when the event starts, i dun have to keep fiddling with settings.

i normally would have my 12-24 f/4, 17-50 f/2.8, and 80-200 f/2.8 with me as the versatility of zoom lenses are very useful for events. if i am caught in a tight space, the 12-24 is useful, and if i'm far, i got the 80-200. other than the zooms, i would then carry a prime or two. so, it'll be good to talk to the person who engaged you to do the shoot to estimate what you need.

I would generally first find out the place i would be going. a rough estimate would do. i would talk to the person who engaged me on the size of the place, how close i can get to the shots i need to take, etc. from there, i can then estimate what lenses i would need. i would also go early to do some test shots so that when the event starts, i dun have to keep fiddling with settings.

i normally would have my 12-24 f/4, 17-50 f/2.8, and 80-200 f/2.8 with me as the versatility of zoom lenses are very useful for events. if i am caught in a tight space, the 12-24 is useful, and if i'm far, i got the 80-200. other than the zooms, i would then carry a prime or two. so, it'll be good to talk to the person who engaged you to do the shoot to estimate what you need.

ahhh ... i work for the company. but not doing photography. i am the sales guy. company photog not free so he ask me to cover the event for him. :bsmilie:

ahhh ... i work for the company. but not doing photography. i am the sales guy. company photog not free so he ask me to cover the event for him. :bsmilie:

i c :bsmilie: so you should know the event to know what to bring ;)

hey flip... so you shooting for free is it?

Depending what the event is about & what are the possible angles the journalist going to write on the article.

You can try capture key shots like,
Crowd turn up
VIPs
If its a product launch, maybe you want to get shots of people checking out the product or a key person in your company posing with the product etc.

Just take alot of photos from different (story perspective & shots variety)
more choices in the end :)

Depending what the event is about & what are the possible angles the journalist going to write on the article.

You can try capture key shots like,
Crowd turn up
VIPs
If its a product launch, maybe you want to get shots of people checking out the product or a key person in your company posing with the product etc.

Just take alot of photos from different (story perspective & shots variety)
more choices in the end :)

ok ok. i think the general idea is to shoot everything and then sift it out later. thanks! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.