Shooting the Train Tracks this Sunday 13 Feb

robinlow88

Jan 3, 2011
Boston
I'm interested in shooting the train tracks this Sunday in Upper Bukit Timah Area.

I've not had an opportunity to shoot there yet, anyone done it?
What is the best time?

I'm going with my EOS 1V and EOS 5D and a couple of prime lens.
Nikon 55mm f1.2
Summicron-R 90mm
Nikon 180mm f2.8

Anyone want to join?
Pros / beginner allowed
SLR / RF / MF /Point and shoot...

I'm still learning HDR

I'm interested in shooting the train tracks this Sunday in Upper Bukit Timah Area.

I've not had an opportunity to shoot there yet, anyone done it?
What is the best time?

I'm going with my EOS 1V and EOS 5D and a couple of prime lens.
Nikon 55mm f1.2
Summicron-R 90mm
Nikon 180mm f2.8

Anyone want to join?
Pros / beginner allowed
SLR / RF / MF /Point and shoot...

I'm still learning HDR

Hi robinlow88, maybe you can approach cleonbus.
He is knowledgeable on the KTM and he should be able to point out the timings suitable for different shots. :thumbsup:

Interested!! Lets go, Is been awhile I've stop making HDR. Have to get myself back on track. May be I can share some of my experiences to you.

By the way, I think on the 13th Feb there is a event I want to attend. Chingay 2011. ;p
Plan of taking part of the competition, http://www.chingay.org.sg/2011/spirits-of-chingay.asp

Anyway, I wish to go both.. Do let me know the time on that day.

If you are shooting I recommend reaching around 2~3pm onwards. The next train arrives will be around 4pm. So you got about an hour+ to wonder around before the train comes. Then you can stay until 6+ for the 2 trains crossing the tracks or till 7 if you wish to shoot in the night also.

Hi, i will be free that day and i am interested to join u. Never been there before. Can you let me know the time and place to meet up? Thanks.:)

If you are shooting I recommend reaching around 2~3pm onwards. The next train arrives will be around 4pm. So you got about an hour+ to wonder around before the train comes. Then you can stay until 6+ for the 2 trains crossing the tracks or till 7 if you wish to shoot in the night also.

For your info...

Due to the recent flooding in Tampin and Kluang,all trains have to slow down when passing by the areas which flooded.As such,KTM expects a delay of between 30mins-1hr.So the 4pm train(From KL) and 6pm train(From Kuala Lipis) services you mentioned are expected to arrive much later than the usual timing.

To TS,i recommend you catch northbound trains as they will not have delay.There's the 7.15am train to Kuala Lipis,8am train to Butterworth,another at 1pm to KL and the 6pm one to Tumpat.Don't advice you go at night as it is quite dark there except for the light from the train station itself.You might wanna PM another member,Interception7, for more info as he's more experienced than me:)

Thanks for the info.

I'm thinking of meeting tjwhyme then go to shoot the trains in the evening say meet at 5pm at the rail mall and work our way back towards bukit timah (easier to get to anywhere?) Maybe get dinner around Al Ameen?

That is the tentative plan, may be going with tjwhyme for Chingay as well?

Chingay 2011 @ Aljunied GRC and Hougang SMC on Sunday, 13 February 2011
What time does it end?

tjwhyme what time you want to shoot Chingay? Can we be at upper bukit timah at 5pm?

Can you plan what time you want to be at Chingay?

Thanks for the info.

I'm thinking of meeting tjwhyme then go to shoot the trains in the evening say meet at 5pm at the rail mall and work our way back towards bukit timah (easier to get to anywhere?) Maybe get dinner around Al Ameen?

This plan nice :thumbsup:.. I'll meet u guys on Sunday, at 5pm at the rail mall. Anything activities for me after the railway is fine for me. as long as I can get back home before the MRT close.

I like to join your guys too. If the outing firm?

Confirmed, shooting Train Tracks and train.

Meet at Sunnychoice, 434 Upper Bukit Mall Rd, Rail Mall.
5pm Sunday 13 Feb.

No more go Chingay.

What time is the meet up?
I'm using a Samsung EX-1. Hope you guys dun bias me....

Confirmed, shooting Train Tracks and train.

Meet at Sunnychoice, 434 Upper Bukit Mall Rd, Rail Mall.
5pm Sunday 13 Feb.

No more go Chingay.

Erm for your info i was at Rail Mall yesterday and the access to the tracks are covered up with overgrown grass.So you might wanna reconsider your plan...

I was at the Bukit Timah Side, and they cut the grass few weeks back. I think we can find a way to the tracks. Unless there is heavy rain. :dunno:

I plan to shoot the bridge at the Rail Mall then move towards Bukit Timah, and we can have dinner at Al Ameen area. Its a hike, so don't bring too heavy stuff.

@ilovemoney Bring any camera, I may have a friend coming with just iPhone.

Nice shots bro, what lens were u using?

Nikon 180mm f2.8, Nikon 105mm F2.5, Canon 35mm f1.4, Summicron-R 90mm on EOS 5D