shooting stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

xteme

Mar 5, 2005
may i know in singapore where can i take nice picture of stars?? or alot of stars

xteme said:
may i know in singapore where can i take nice picture of stars?? or alot of stars

In the Science Center's Omnitheater? Hehee just kidding, if you are looking for good places for star trails, try dark places like LCK Cemetary, Punggol Jetty, Ubin...etc
:devil:

icarus said:
In the Science Center's Omnitheater? Hehee just kidding, if you are looking for good places for star trails, try dark places like LCK Cemetary, Punggol Jetty, Ubin...etc
:devil:

need any special filters, lens, equipments, etc... ??

any idea setting ??

:think:

tripod, some remote release method (IR or cable) or black card if you don't have it.. that's about all you need

wat is a black card??

Has anyone been to Lim Chu Kang hill during NS days?

There was once this night when we were deployed there...just 3 of us...and we parked our vehicle there and then monitored comms...and that night the sky had SO MANY stars it was as if the whole galaxy of stars was above us...no kidding...it like those outer space shots where the whole black background was littered with bright spots and lights...AMAZING...still deeply etched in my mind...cant believe how many stars were visible that day...and it wasnt just a patch of the sky...it was like left right centre....the whole sky no matter where you view it...

the only place i saw many many star is at thailand.. i was in ns doing oversea training.. the stars it like cover the whole sky.. feel i can go back n take it..

boroangel said:
Has anyone been to Lim Chu Kang hill during NS days?

There was once this night when we were deployed there...just 3 of us...and we parked our vehicle there and then monitored comms...and that night the sky had SO MANY stars it was as if the whole galaxy of stars was above us...no kidding...it like those outer space shots where the whole black background was littered with bright spots and lights...AMAZING...still deeply etched in my mind...cant believe how many stars were visible that day...and it wasnt just a patch of the sky...it was like left right centre....the whole sky no matter where you view it...

yup..always go LCK for night training last time...but wait till u been to other country with even darker sky and less light pollution....LCK is nothing

Wai said:
yup..always go LCK for night training last time...but wait till u been to other country with even darker sky and less light pollution....LCK is nothing

I know what you mean but that nights stars really amazing...I think it just happen that there re no clouds all the way to the outer space above that area...cos u know slouds have different layers on different heights...I think that night was just lucky...remember that night just take out 2 field chairs and then lie down on them behind the vehicle and stare up adn enjoy the sky...until fell asleep and woke up the same day in that position...

OMG...I actually SLEPT UNDER THE STARS MAN...

I do travel a bit but most of them time stay in city area so u cant really see the stars really clearly cos of the bright lights...I was stuck in the OUTBACK last time but cant rememebr the stars being as nice as that night...when you say overseas...I think u meant suburbs or the countryside with less lights around?

I am a newbie so pardon me for asking this silly question. For star trails it seems liek we are talkings about exposures in terms of hours...but the shutter for cameras only got like shutter speeds in terms of seconds? I know my S5500 can only expose for 2 seconds max.

Is it DSLRs can expose in terms of hours?

boroangel said:
I am a newbie so pardon me for asking this silly question. For star trails it seems liek we are talkings about exposures in terms of hours...but the shutter for cameras only got like shutter speeds in terms of seconds? I know my S5500 can only expose for 2 seconds max.

Is it DSLRs can expose in terms of hours?
As long as your camera has a "Bulb" function, it can go for as long as the battery lasts...

yah bro, singapore too much light pollution liao... seriously, some other countries, u will be totall amazed.. i think some parts of msia osso damn good....

Try to use film for shooting star trails, unless u want to kill your DSLR's CMOS/CCD/LBCAST sensors :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

yeah. use the film method is best. my friend did 4 hours worth of exposure in malaysia, it's worth it. but of course u must be there physically to guard your camera. and sometimes it can be rather cold at night for those long exposures, so bring along a jacket. use films like Kodak Supra 400, Superia 800, or Ektachrome 200.

icarus said:
Try to use film for shooting star trails, unless u want to kill your DSLR's CMOS/CCD/LBCAST sensors :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Can someone explained more on this >> ?? :confused: Y the sensor will die faster ??
Exposed to too much light ??? :bsmilie:

hmmm.. my camera not DSLR.. mine only got manuel settling.. can i take the trail too?? i need the photo badly.. helphelp~!!

Status
Not open for further replies.