shooting slides

Status
Not open for further replies.

munfai

Apr 19, 2002
i've shot one roll of slide so far, and i like the results. mostly because i know that whatever i see if my work, and not something that's auto-corrected as in like negative film.

problem is i don't want to make expensive prints of them, nor get a slide projector. i'm considering making digital scans of them.

other than a slide projector, how do you view a slide? what kind of equipment is neede, and what would be recommended?

Originally posted by munfai
i've shot one roll of slide so far, and i like the results. mostly because i know that whatever i see if my work, and not something that's auto-corrected as in like negative film.

problem is i don't want to make expensive prints of them, nor get a slide projector. i'm considering making digital scans of them.

other than a slide projector, how do you view a slide? what kind of equipment is neede, and what would be recommended?
You can buy a lightbox see here for examples and a loupe see here for good loupes for casual viewing.

PS: The links show the brands of the lightbox and loupe that I would recommend. They are more costly, especially the loupe, but definitely worth the money.

PPS: Cathay has an ongoing promotion that packages the Cabin Lightpanel with a Rodenstock 4x loupe (which is of good quality as well) for around S$190 (if memory serves).

most basic is a lightbox plus a loupe.. but i find tat it can be quite strenous on the eyes after a period of time..

another alternative is to get a slide scanner and scan the slides to be view on ur PC.. but this is costly..

so in the end, i opt to go for a cheap $200 slide projector.. so far so good. can share viewing with family and frens too! :D

hope these helps..

Originally posted by hackie
most basic is a lightbox plus a loupe.. but i find tat it can be quite strenous on the eyes after a period of time..

another alternative is to get a slide scanner and scan the slides to be view on ur PC.. but this is costly..

so in the end, i opt to go for a cheap $200 slide projector.. so far so good. can share viewing with family and frens too! :D

hope these helps..

how well does a slide projector project? i've always had the impression that slide projectors will give me fuzzy, not too clear images an whatever surface.

how well does a slide projector project? i've always had the impression that slide projectors will give me fuzzy, not too clear images an whatever surface.

i projected the slide abt 2-3m across my room.. still quite sharp.
i mean how much can u expect frm a $200 projector? its a braun novamat 515AF.. this is a lower end model whose AF dun really work.. the focus will be out everything u change slides as the action to insert and eject the slide is quite violent. so have to adjust the len every now and then. but overall is good enuff for home use with a wired remote control.. no other complains. :)

Well I try out at the shop with Hackie and find the images projected onto the piece of make-shift white cardboard, reasonably sharp.

Edmund, Schinder stuff is nice, but I think you wouldn't want a newbie to go broke. :p

The Peak 8x is pretty good, and does the job for me. $35 at CP.

Originally posted by hackie

i projected the slide abt 2-3m across my room.. still quite sharp.
i mean how much can u expect frm a $200 projector? its a braun novamat 515AF.. this is a lower end model whose AF dun really work.. the focus will be out everything u change slides as the action to insert and eject the slide is quite violent. so have to adjust the len every now and then. but overall is good enuff for home use with a wired remote control.. no other complains. :)

Wow! You bought that as well? Seems like you have the same problem with me. The AF works sometimes only. :( But for $200, not too bad lar. Quite shiok to see my slides BIG. :D

Regards
CK

A projector can give very good image if you get good projector, good lens (yes some projectors have interchangable lens), good surface to show the image and a good environment. But what you need for that will be a good deal of money.

Originally posted by YSLee
Edmund, Schinder stuff is nice, but I think you wouldn't want a newbie to go broke. :p

The Peak 8x is pretty good, and does the job for me. $35 at CP.

so do i need to get a light panel as well?

Originally posted by ckiang

Wow! You bought that as well? Seems like you have the same problem with me. The AF works sometimes only. :( But for $200, not too bad lar. Quite shiok to see my slides BIG. :D

Regards
CK

ya.. i went down to john and told them... "I WANT THE SAME PROJECTOR AS CKIANG!!" :D

saw the one 330 with the screen at fotoguide.. $220 i think.. but i got 515AF instead cos i heard frm someone tat wat u got couldn't be too bad.. :bsmilie:

so do i need to get a light panel as well?

yes sir.. u need a light source to light up the slide from below as ur loupe is going to be on top.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.