Shooting RAW n Processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafiano

Jul 19, 2004
Hi guys...have a dilemma here. Yesterday I was told to cover for my friend to shoot a wedding. I brought my D70 and after reading a fewposts in here, decided to shoot in RAW.

The problem I have now is to process the pictures. I read that KT does a good job at developing the digital images. Do I just send the RAW files to them, or must I convert it to jpeg.

Furthermore, I would like to edit some of the pictures. If so, how do I convert the RAW files if I dont have a Nikon Capture and Photoshop CS.

If KT can crop the pictures and process them..even better. Less job for me. Please help.

Thanks Fizzy. So its a must to convert to jpeg before sending for processing?

I think Michelle at KT will scream at you if you send in RAW. Heehee. Most labs accept TIFF/JPEGs only. As RAWs are proprietary formats, not all labs have PS CS installed to open them.

You can process the images to JPEG before sending it in. Take pride in your work dude, process them individually... :)

Thanks espn. Wouldn't want michelle to scream at me...definitely. But I am really not that good in image processing. After converting it to jpeg, can the people at KT process it for me as they have more experience. maybe i can process some of my personal shots another time. can i have ur feedback?

They can process your brightness, color correct for you, but they can't touch up to wonders :)

ok... i c. thanks for the reply. any brothers here willing to help me with the post processing hands on? hehe...would really appreciate it.

btw...do i edit the images in NEF or convert them to jpeg first? sigh...sorry if i sound pathetic...

Hmmm... if you can wait, wednesday drop by NUG, I'll bring my laptop and do a quick demo on converting NEF to JPEG :)

GODBLESS:
DEAR EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FULL SET MINOLTA SLR VECTIS S1 FOR SALE. VERY REASONABLE PRICE AND VERY GOOD CONDITION.

PLEASE HELP TO POST THIS MESSAGE FOR ME.

GOD BLESS AND TAKE CARE.

REGARDS
DEREK KWEK
MOBILE 9692.9993 :) :thumbsup:

ok...where is the venue and wat time?

Check out Nikon forum, search for NUG.

godbless said:
GODBLESS:
DEAR EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FULL SET MINOLTA SLR VECTIS S1 FOR SALE. VERY REASONABLE PRICE AND VERY GOOD CONDITION.

PLEASE HELP TO POST THIS MESSAGE FOR ME.

GOD BLESS AND TAKE CARE.

REGARDS
DEREK KWEK
MOBILE 9692.9993 :) :thumbsup:

wats this??

So you comin' ? Else I'm not going to lug my laptop out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.