Shooting Racing Cars at Sepang(GT)

syc77

Oct 27, 2002
Earth
Visit site
guys, i was wondering if a 80-400 F4.5 - 5.6 VR has the reach n the speed to shoot racing cars?
pls advise.
thanks.

btw,is there any lodging in the area too?

not sure about the reach... but using fast shutter speed (1/80 at least for 80mm, 1/400 at least for 400mm to avoid handshakes), u can freeze those racing cars. ideally your camera fps should be fast enough... as most probably u need to do burst shoots then get some good shots from there.

My bad. When I say fast, I meant af. I'm also wondering if I shouldl get a 2x tc too.

If the reach is enough will depend on where you sit. If you get a 2x TC, then you are looking at f/11 at most on the long end...

I would suggest you practice panning too.

The focusing speed is quite slow even on my D700 & I sold it without ever using. But you should get yourself to the corners to find the best angles & cars slow down over there. 200-400mm should be enough & yes, panning!

Nearest lodgings should be @ the airports either the international or LCCT. It usually takes me about 30mins from Kl city to Sepang track if you use the Putra highway to cut across.

NineEleven said:
Nearest lodgings should be @ the airports either the international or LCCT. It usually takes me about 30mins from Kl city to Sepang track if you use the Putra highway to cut across.

Cool, u must be driving a 911.

Any good events going on at sepang or PG in August ?
I am driving up to genting, might want to stop by.
Can we buy tickets on the spot?

I miss my track day during traction circle days...

Last edited:
Tics for this event? I'm not sure about buying on the spot. Cos I'm getting discounted tic from a friend. :p