Shooting portraits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorts

Mar 10, 2007
SG
Hello,

I'm planning to shoot portraits at home, like a mini studio, but I'm clueless on what is needed. I'm really thinking of using my on-board flash to shoot, because I have no external flash. And for backdrop, I'm thinking of using coloured papers maybe. :bsmilie:

I know lighting is vital for portraits, so is there anything I can do and make use of to get at least decent photos? Strobes? :dunno:

Thanks.

just bring your subject go to the nearby playground or park, you will get better results than using the built in flash shooting at home. also don't need to worry about the background and lighting set up.

lol depending on what u shoot what and how much ur willing to invest in your equiptment. for me i do my own little prodcut shots with my table lamp and 2 pocket torchlights.

haha.

maybe a white cardboard reflector?

Hmm. It's just a simple shoot for makeup, nothing really serious. What do you all suggest?

make you model stand outside a building under open shade,
make sure no direct sunlight cast on your model,
your model should stand next to a wall, use the wall as reflector,
you should be shooting parallel to the wall (not perpendicular, not seeing the wall at all), so you can choose whatever background you want,

meter your model face, set it as your base exposure,
set your built in flash minus 1.5 to 2 EV for a fill. (amount of fill flash is according to your taste)

anyway, you only have a built in flash to spare, use any paper backdrop shooting at home will sure look like passport photo.

btw, even those aunties shoot passport photo for you in the mini lab also have two flash set up. one is for main light and one is for background.

get some spotlights frm ikea could solve ur prob.. ;)

btw, even those aunties shoot passport photo for you in the mini lab also have two flash set up. one is for main light and one is for background.

Been to one at Parklane, and the auntie only use a coolpix 3100, no lights and shoot at wide angle!:sweat:

Been to one at Parklane, and the auntie only use a coolpix 3100, no lights and shoot at wide angle!:sweat:
you may be very skinny and the auntie like you so much, so can stand closer to you and make you not so skinny on photo. and she must be one of the clubsnap people also, like to shoot with available light only... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.