shooting pics near Benjamin Shears Bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artyboy

Jul 26, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
hi, any of you guys know if its possible to shoot photos of the beautiful skyline at Benjamin Shears Bridge? any vantage point w/o having to walk up the highway (yikes!). find that besides the boat quay bridge im running out of photo shoots of night scenes. appreciate any advice. thanks.

the obvious one is at esplanade ....For a definite view try Equinox! haha...

artyboy said:
hi, any of you guys know if its possible to shoot photos of the beautiful skyline at Benjamin Shears Bridge? any vantage point w/o having to walk up the highway (yikes!). find that besides the boat quay bridge im running out of photo shoots of night scenes. appreciate any advice. thanks.

Hi Artboy, that an very interesting topics. :thumbsup:

I am not too sure as I have never try it before, but have anyone of you guys went up the Sheares Bridge, walk all the way to the end towards the empty reclaim land to take photo before.

I believe the scenery there would be unusual beautiful.

I think one of the best spot to take shots of the city skyline is still at benjamin sheares bridge. Went on one of the CS outings about 2 months back, learned and shot a few pics. The outing was also featured in this month's iPHOTO magazine. So here's a few from mine:

http://homepage.mac.com/lundywong/DriftingThoughts/PhotoAlbum109.html

hey thanks alot guys, seems like have to grease the knee caps for the climb up the bridge! thk it will be worth it! some of the office buildings in the area wld be a good vantage point but no way they gonna let us up there haha! i've shot alot of nite scenes as well as daytime street photography since getting my F828, perhaps shld venture for candid portraits (hopefully dun end up getting beat up!) as well as some macro photography. like Chris (Cathay) said "we live in an urban country, we have to look (open our eyes) to find photo opportunities". but lately the weather is rather uncondusive for phototaking, i've wasted a few days of leave taken to shoot photos only to end up staring at a hazy skyline and drab/flat (sunless) overcast lighting on the landscape. weather forecasts doesnt help either. cheers my friends.

Indeed climbing up the bridge can be a panting one, although it takes only about 5 minutes to do so. Once you're up there, you have all the breeze you can enjoy and to admire the view. Do remember to bring a good and steady tripod due to possible strong winds, and the moving of heavy vehicles along the bridge will cause vibration to your camera. Not too conducive for long shutter speeds. ;)

thanks for the tip snowspeeder!
yup camera shake (even with a tripod) is a prob esp on bridges - even near the bridge at boat quay when there's heavy traffic. unfortunately my tripod does not have spikes on its feet to isolate vibrations. i find that lighting is of paramount importance, w/o good natural lighting everything look bland and flat. but it was certainly an enjoyable experience waiting for the sun to set at boat quay during one of my photoshoots - a few minutes makes a lot of difference esp to the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.