shooting paranomia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasma

Nov 22, 2003
Ithaca, NY, USA
Visit site
when shooting paranomia, isit necessary to lock your focus, whitebalance? i attempted to shoot a para using a80, i only lock my focus, but the pictures have difference white balance. I shoot using the landscape mode. should i go into the manual controls when comes to shooting para?

use
- fixed WB
- manual settings (average the metering)
- avoid hot spot (very bright source)

plasma said:
when shooting paranomia, isit necessary to lock your focus, whitebalance? i attempted to shoot a para using a80, i only lock my focus, but the pictures have difference white balance. I shoot using the landscape mode. should i go into the manual controls when comes to shooting para?

... and use a tripod. btw, it's Panorama. ;)

Are you sure the WB is different or is it the exposure?
Most decent stitching software will attempt to match exposure (eg. Panorama factory). But it's better if at capture time you use manual exposure.

i used the canon stich program. isit good enuff? but it seems that it did not do any corrections to the wb.

if the paranormia is wearing white sheets that night, without white balance, u might not be able to capture that eerie shade of white very well, especially that hue of transluscent, floating pale white ...

1.lock focus
2.lock exposure(zoom out take an average exposure reading)
3.half shutter at the same spot then shift your camera(this will solve the WB problem, cos when u set AWB, the WB settings will be different when u meter at different point)

correct me if i am wrong on point 3 :p

i do my own stitching like this hehe :D

can you enlighten me how to lock exposure on a80? which mode shd i go on the dial? i should'nt use the canon preset settings right? (those potrait, landscape, etc)

use manual exposure (M) mode... and set the aperture and shutter speed and don't change them during taking the various shots to be stitched (assuming lighting conditions don't change in a whiff)

white-balance set to anything except auto, as auto means it could fluctuate even in between the few shots.

tripod is recommended though hand-held results can be acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.