Shooting on Orchard Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkw

Dec 10, 2003
CCK
Visit site
Ok guys, this is kind of an embarrassing question to ask since I've lived here for 30 years :embrass:. Is it OK to set up a tripod along orchard road to take pics? I'll be out with the family and don't feel like getting chatted up by the men in blue.

TIA!

It's quite common to see photography enthusiasts setting up tripods along orchard road these days. So, just set your mind at ease and go ahead. ;)

Personally, for my casual shots along orchard road, I'll just use ISO1600 (or 3200) on the 20D. Too lazy to bring along a bulky and heavy tripod.

dkw said:
Ok guys, this is kind of an embarrassing question to ask since I've lived here for 30 years :embrass:. Is it OK to set up a tripod along orchard road to take pics? I'll be out with the family and don't feel like getting chatted up by the men in blue.

TIA!
I don't think any MIB will approach you, many of us do that and there's nothing wrong. :think: Unless you're too bored and play "Police & Thief" then, start to run away. ;p

I just went to shoot Xmas lightings yesterday evening with my Manfrotto 055Pro and camera. In fact, i walked the whole Orchard road with my tripod+cam fully extended.

No worries abt being stopped by MIB.

Heh heh, thanks! Just wanted to be sure, this really is a great forum.....

dkw said:
Heh heh, thanks! Just wanted to be sure, this really is a great forum.....

all the same tho... just dun point ur cam at any embassies or consulates along the way.... esp the american buildings. they might not be too "happy" abt it... :sweat:

nightwolf75 said:
all the same tho... just dun point ur cam at any embassies or consulates along the way.... esp the american buildings. they might not be too "happy" abt it... :sweat:
yup, just be a bit sensitive and skip the key places should do just fine. :)

It's okie to set up a tripod along orchard road to take pics.
Don't worry I think the policeman wouldn't catch you. You think they so free. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.