Shooting NDP from Shears Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

mighty mouse

Feb 28, 2008
Hi,

Anybody know if we can go up to Shears Bridge to shoot NDP fireworks? Thanks.

i think they close off to public last year, anyone can confirm?

But even if you go Shears Bridge, the view will be all cluttered up because of the construction.

Hi,

Thanks for the pointers. Just called the NDP hotline, Shears Bridge is open.

Will the view be blocked by IR? :think:

Will the view be blocked by IR? :think:

The fireworks firing platform is right in front of the IR. And even if you go nearer to the NDP performance platform, you'll be block by a bridge that's under construction.

so blocked view or not?..some people say go there and saw last week then some say got construction...

best place...is to buy the river tour...then time it such that the fireworks will shoot when u are on the boat.
fireworks will shoot on top of ur head.!!

Hi guys,

Shoot fireworks from boat don't seems to be a good idea. Boats rocks left and right even in calm waters.

I have not been up the bridge since the opening of esplanade celebration. Now with construction of IR, I don't know what tis going to look like.

Hi guys,

Shoot fireworks from boat don't seems to be a good idea. Boats rocks left and right even in calm waters.

I have not been up the bridge since the opening of esplanade celebration. Now with construction of IR, I don't know what tis going to look like.

You can try the Merlion Park, with our lovely durian as backdrop. :) Or you can shoot the fireworks in a comfort of someone's apt if you have a rich angmoh friend living at The Sails@Marina :bsmilie:

never mind about the view or not

is there traffic on sheares bridge? if so, then even with a tripod, will be shaky

never mind about the view or not

is there traffic on sheares bridge? if so, then even with a tripod, will be shaky

I never physically walk / step on the bridge. Certain bridge, when heavy vehicles pass by, will feel the very slightly 'up and down' movement, enough to shake the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.