Shooting Modes

What mode do you typically shoot in?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

strauss

Feb 16, 2008
Singapore
Juz want to do a quick survey of what mode everyone typically shoots in. I personally like to shoot in Manual mode, where I have full control of all the settings. This is not good for opportune or candid shots when my fingers juz cannot react fast enuff. What abt you?

Juz want to do a quick survey of what mode everyone typically shoots in. I personally like to shoot in Manual mode, where I have full control of all the settings. This is not good for opportune or candid shots when my fingers juz cannot react fast enuff. What abt you?

You have answered your poll already and rendered the question useless: There is no universal setting (except "Auto" for the beginners) that can be used everywhere. First question is always: what do you want to shoot? The rest is depending on the answer. There might be a tendency towards Aperture mode since most people want to control DoF. Finally, can you guess the shooting mode when looking at a picture? :)

Manual most of the time. But when the situation calls for quick composition with little time for adjustment the other modes will work too.

No one mode fits all

Ryan

Aperture Priority for me

i shoot in shutter priority :confused:

normally, for event i shoot in aperture mode more faster.
for sports i use shutter mode.
manual is when i go to take pictures alone where i have all the time i want to set my camera.

i do know some guys do take pictures using manual during event.
mayb these guys are orady very skill and their fingers are fast..
;)

I use:

1. P mode when there's really no need to control anything and that I simply want a picture.
2. A mode when shooting macros and landscapes, when I want to control the depth of field.
3. S mode when shooting fast paced stuff, like sports etc.
4. M mode when doing nightscapes.

No particular mode that I prefer. Of course, I can use M mode for everything, but if the camera can calculate everything for me with reasonable accuracy, why not?

Aperture mode for most, shutter for sports, manual for events:)

Aperture mode and full manual for me....

A mode for most of the time and M mode when I need full control as in studio, night or low light flash photography.

my car is manual gear so i also shoot in manual. i don't know how to use the other modes. so i'm a busy man, shifting, steering and turning things all the time.

see how lah. casual shots i mostly use Auto and they turn out quite nice. More or less i know when to use what mode.

I would prefer Av mode but i would put P mode 95% during travels. Lazy :)

manual mode...

no doubt.. definitely manual mode for me.. :thumbsup:

Started with Shutter Priority.... now mostly Manual :sweat:

av priority for anything other than landscapes

for those, manual

Status
Not open for further replies.