Shooting mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Matter

Jul 22, 2008
When I came across the thread of camera or the man behind. I had this thought that comes to my head. Does shooting mode plays a part in determine who is the man.

Example:
A is shooting all photos (yes all) in P mode with his D300s
B is shooting half of his photos in M mode and the other half in A or S mode in his D90.

Who will be classified as a more pro or skillfull photographer.

Will it just depend on the final product, the end result (the photos) to pass verdict on both photographer. Who shoot good photo who is better.

Or does the way/mode of taking photo be taken into consideration on how skillfull the photographer is.

Neither, because the shooting mode doesn't matter. The output does. Who cares what mode you used?

Neither, because the shooting mode doesn't matter. The output does. Who cares what mode you used?

Yeah theres alot of nice pictures taken , be it by chance or coincidence that are generated from PnS users alike who are on automatic mode all of the time. Some of them may not know whats photography , but has a knack for composition and an eye for unqiue colors and moments.

As long the content is great , the gear really doesnt matter :)

Mmm.... yes. End product counts.
But somehow you will always come across those nit-picking type who will
scrutinise every bit of the EXIF to see what settings and such....

Does that imply that the camera has more control over us (our photo) rather then we having more control over it. Since P mode is quite auto.:think:
And if I were to take shots in "P" mode, somehow I will feel that (other than composition) the camera is shooting not me. Than again (other than composition) this this example, a high end camera will mostly be giving more outstanding photo than a lowr end DSLR. So will it be the car and not the driver in this kind of scenario??:think:

Last edited:
Mmm.... yes. End product counts.
But somehow you will always come across those nit-picking type who will
scrutinise every bit of the EXIF to see what settings and such

yeah, don't like this sort of people ;p

Agreed with all.
End product matters,
However shooting in M mode helps u improve better imho (understanding of light meter and how to nail that exposure in the crucial moment etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.