simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
Hi ..
what will be the min studio set up in order to do the above

any experts can share? paste some url ?

Rgds
Simon

I think it depends on what kind of style you are going for? i have shot some stuff like earrings with 2 table lamp and a self made light tent. The pictures turn out pretty decent.

Chris Lim said:
I think it depends on what kind of style you are going for? i have shot some stuff like earrings with 2 table lamp and a self made light tent. The pictures turn out pretty decent.
Yep... You can DIY a set up if you want...

For me, I just get some mounting boards (you may use any colour you find suitable) and set up a few table lamps (which you may choose to diffuse...) and voila!

How big is the jewels?

Ring? Chains? Bangles?

Keep your setup small to minimize unwanted reflections.

You will be surprise if I tell you you need at least 3-4 lights to light up a diamond ring.

The smaller the setup the more complicated it will be.

Lastly, you must have patience to shoot jewellery. Your initial setup is the most vital...good luck!

Pro Image said:
How big is the jewels?

Ring? Chains? Bangles?

You will be surprise if I tell you you need at least 3-4 lights to light up a diamond ring.

Lastly, you must have patience to shoot jewellery. Your initial setup is the most vital...good luck!

i'm not... hehee... i need about 8 lights to light up a piece of glass

Hi,

may i know will the Polarizers filter help to improve the taking of watch's dial (nor or close up) without the reflection from the crystal, especially from the dome crystal...?

thanks!

you do not necessarily need a pol filter. check your position of light and their associated reflections on the dial's face thru the viewfinder. of course, it is alot easier to check the ground glass of a view camera with the aid of a magnifying glass.

if i may add, dust control discipline and a pair of lint free gloves are extremely important. unless one PSed it off later.

Pro Image said:
How big is the jewels?

Ring? Chains? Bangles?

reachme2003 said:
if i may add, dust control discipline and a pair of lint free gloves are extremely important. unless one PSed it off later.

yep another very important point for close up/macro photography. good one there uncle!

can also use tweezer but only those which has a rubber grip at the end of the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.