espion

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2005
48239772.DSCN1905.jpg

Somehow this pic dont work, I think.

Any thots, suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

shld shoot landscape ?

u mean to include more of the land on the far shore? or near shore?

Somehow there isn't any strong point of interest. The clouds don't have enough shapes to draw in attention. Landscape on this might help but you've got a piece of land at the bottom, which is going to slant and draw the eye away from the sun and the waves, depending on how extreme the foreground is.

I dun think it is very wise to 'try' shoot direct at the Bright Sun :nono: .... cos that time i have a friend try shoot at the sun, maybe the mode was accidentally switch to manual mode, and the shutter speed was about 1/2 second ..... at the end, the CCD was burn with a hole and cost him about 1K to replace the CCD :bheart:

xxxger said:
I dun think it is very wise to 'try' shoot direct at the Bright Sun :nono: .... cos that time i have a friend try shoot at the sun, maybe the mode was accidentally switch to manual mode, and the shutter speed was about 1/2 second ..... at the end, the CCD was burn with a hole and cost him about 1K to replace the CCD :bheart:

Wow...:bigeyes: Luckily, u remind me here. Else I'm going to burn a hole in my camera CCD and a hole in my pocket too. :bsmilie:

mattlock said:
Why do you think it doesn't work?
Why don't you say why you think it doesn't work
I here to get your views lor. If I know for sure I dont need to seek any views.

So far I agree with all comments generally, esp the one abt the clouds being uninteresting. I tried switching to B&W and play with the constrast for more interest and you can see the results below:

48242125.DSCN190500012.jpg

Slightly better I think. More details in the cloud behind the shielding cloud but not enuff. The only going thing for it are the rays of light visible coming out from the centre.

I shot the same scene again 5 mins later with a different orientation, and this time I think it worked. More elements: clouds shape and variety, and maybe even a hint of motion, and then the colours too. I called this second pic, Rising Sun Ready to Run.

48242124.DSCN191000012.jpg

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.