Shooting in the Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

HVB88

Dec 9, 2005
Hi Bros,

Yesterday afternoon I brought my son (2+yrs) to Bishan Stadium.
My son saw some people jogging, so he started to jog as well. And I took some pictures of him (using dslr)...

Few minutes later, one of the staff (i guest) approached me and saying no photographed allowed in the stadium.

Just want to ask all bros here, is it okay to take picture of your son in the stadium? There is no match/competition that day... and I believe the stadium is belong to public?

Thank you.

Hi Bros,

Yesterday afternoon I brought my son (2+yrs) to Bishan Stadium.
My son saw some people jogging, so he started to jog as well. And I took some pictures of him (using dslr)...

Few minutes later, one of the staff (i guest) approached me and saying no photographed allowed in the stadium.

Just want to ask all bros here, is it okay to take picture of your son in the stadium? There is no match/competition that day... and I believe the stadium is belong to public?

Thank you.
in my opinion, stadium is so called "belong" to public as although public can come in, got many rules to follow.

what you can do is check with the stadium administrators or even clarify with your MP during the meet and greet sessions.

now that dslr has become so cheap, just about anyone can get one...so the stadium admins should not be surprised by the relative large number of dslr users.

Maybe the staff is afraid you are a voyeur?

Thanks for the response.

He was saying that there is "no photography" sign. But I could not see the sign...
He also mentioned that if I take the photo early in the morning (when there are no/few people), he can close one eye...

Some more, I saw one uncle taking picture of his son (teenager), and then the son take picture of him (take turn)... no warning was given!

Discrimination of dslr users?

Thanks for the response.

He was saying that there is "no photography" sign. But I could not see the sign...
He also mentioned that if I take the photo early in the morning (when there are no/few people), he can close one eye...

Some more, I saw one uncle taking picture of his son (teenager), and then the son take picture of him (take turn)... no warning was given!

ask him to lead you to the sign lah....nothing wrong in that.

Thanks for the response.

The usual crap of some guards who aren't worth their money. There was a discussion here in the forum about taking pictures of soccer games in the stadium. Search for it, there was even an email response from organizers posted. This 'guard uncle' is not supposed to define the rule according his liking or gut feeling, instead he should stand on solid legal ground and enforce rules regardless of camera types or whatever he thinks. At the moment it rather looks like quicksand to me.
Edit: here is the thread: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555443

Last edited:
Thanks Bro for the link.

Sure I'll go there again next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.