Shooting in the rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

benleez

Apr 13, 2004
Reservoir Dude
Any tips on how to shoot in the rain?
And also, how to keep the camera 'safe and dry' in rain shoots?

get a hand strap for your camera so you can actually hold it with one hand comfortably. in the other hand, an umbrella!

Get a digital camera with underwater casing.

If on a budget, get a disposable underwater camera with preloaded film (Kodak 800). Results are pretty good.

StreetShooter said:
Get a digital camera with underwater casing.

If on a budget, get a disposable underwater camera with preloaded film (Kodak 800). Results are pretty good.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kjmedora said:
plastic bags and rubber bands.... i kid you not..

this method works very well.........try to get those bags they use to transport live fish.........thick and clear.........wrap ard camera and use electrical tape to secure..........

hmm.... anyone got pics of how the final product of the "plastic bag method" is like?

I think you'll need a clear port besides plastic bags. imagine your seeing through fuzzy plastic bags.

There is a type of "plastic bags" which you might want to consider, as it can even house your flash into it.

it is the ewa-marine housing.

check it out. www.ewa-marine.de

I've used it for videography before. pretty good results, only binge is when the water sticks to the outer lens port.

A tip coat it with johnson's baby shampoo. Water will be less likely to stick onto it.

I don't think small rain will pose any problem with any cameras. I been shooting in rain and so far my cameras don't give me any problem until now.
Don't worry too much, just go ahead and shoot!

XXX Boy said:
I don't think small rain will pose any problem with any cameras. I been shooting in rain and so far my cameras don't give me any problem until now.
Don't worry too much, just go ahead and shoot!

heard before that the CCDs might be damaged if kenna water (like if got condensation, better switch off and wait till dry). Is that true?

Will give the ziploc and rubber band a try, haha, sounds like its back to the army days...

i remember an article in National Geographic, that shows how to use hotel room items for photography on the move. for rain cover... a shower cap can be used... preferably transparent, of course! :D

sehsuan said:
i remember an article in National Geographic, that shows how to use hotel room items for photography on the move. for rain cover... a shower cap can be used... preferably transparent, of course! :D

hehe, just saw that article in the National Geographic Jan 2004 episode from the national library... ;) and the shower curtain can be used as a light diffuser... cool. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.