Shooting in Snowing Places

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgboy83

Sep 21, 2008
Any guides for shooting in snowing places? Will dslr get damages by the weather and snow? Any precautions to note?

What is the usual working temperature for dslr?

Any guides for shooting in snowing places? Will dslr get damages by the weather and snow? Any precautions to note?

What is the usual working temperature for dslr?

Check your manual on that. It's somewhere inside ;)

Btw, what camera do you plan to bring?

All of this is in your manual, and all of this has been asked here before. In fact, there is a thread just like that about 3 or 4 days ago. Please try a search first, it's in the forum guidelines.

Cold temperatures kill batteries fast. You will find at colder temperatures they hold charge less well, but when warmed again the power will be registered. You can keep extra batteries in an inside pocket kept warm by your body heat. When the battery you are using starts to fade, change it for the nice warm one. - warming up the cold battery will restore it, and you can swap it when you need to.

Ryan

For D90, the manual said is 0 - 40 degrees. Does that means that below 0, the camera cannot function?

snowing places are very bright..massive white ground for sunlight to bounce on. :thumbsup:

me also going to SNowing place soon...bought a CPL..my friend advise me that shooting in snow need that...

Not true. Please read the many threads and articles online about shooting in snow.

For D90, the manual said is 0 - 40 degrees. Does that means that below 0, the camera cannot function?

It just means bring it below 0 degrees at your own risk! The contraction could adversely affect the chip etc inside the camera and shut down your camera once and for you~ You want can try to put it into the freezer to test it out and let us know? :sweatsm:

yup, like Deming86 said :bsmilie: I'm pretty sure it'll function slightly below 0, but it may damage the circuitry :sweat:.

You could stuff it under your winter jacket if your not using it though. Thats what many photographers do in sub-zero conditions. Snap what you want, then keep it under your jacket when not in use ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.