Shooting in parks

bonrya

Dec 16, 2010
In a mobile cage
if it's a public space there shouldn't be an issue right? e.g. fort canning?

blueskye168

Aug 28, 2006
AVPS
Question:

Need we ask for permission to do a shoot in a park? Like for fashion editorial, or wedding. No huge equipment, no film making,
I'd say its pretty alright so long as it's not a big scale one, no huge equipment, no film making and no any other types of making:think:.....:bsmilie:.....seriously, why not leh...!!!:dunno:

hmmm...but then it's always better to 'Double-the-Confirm':thumbsup: before 'Action' as a form of 'Self-Protection';)...yah...hehe...!!!

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
All parks are under Nparks,
shooting weddings, family portrait etc.. won't have any issues. Many people have been done that for many years.

the last time I check with Botanic Garden about photo taking in their premises (within Botanic Garden), you need not apply permission as long it is not a commercial shoot.

I ask them how they classified the photo shoot as commercial shoot?
as long no additional lighting set up, more than two tripods it is fine. (they referring the lighting stand as tripod)

so my understanding is you can mount your camera on a tripod, use a voice activate multi-task mobile lighting stand to hold your reflector or flash than you should be fine.

All parks are under Nparks,
shooting weddings, family portrait etc.. won't have any issues. Many people have been done that for many years.

the last time I check with Botanic Garden about photo taking in their premises (within Botanic Garden), you need not apply permission as long it is not a commercial shoot.

I ask them how they classified the photo shoot as commercial shoot?
as long no additional lighting set up, more than two tripods it is fine. (they referring the lighting stand as tripod)

so my understanding is you can mount your camera on a tripod, use a voice activate multi-task mobile lighting stand to hold your reflector or flash than you should be fine.
Thanks for the reply. The asking of permission only applies to Botanic Gardens? Commercial shoot in other gardens / parks should not be an issue?

Last edited:

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
Thanks for the reply. The asking of permission only applies to Botanic Gardens? Commercial shoot in other gardens / parks should not be an issue?
I'm saying I have check with Botanic Garden, do photographers need to seek permission for shooting weddings and portrait professionally (as in photographers being hired to shoot) inside Botanic Garden?

as for other parks all over Singapore, many wedding couples, family, people have been snapping photos for so many years, nobody rise any issue so far. For commercial shoots, it is necessary to seek permission from the owner of the premises before the shoots.

technical speaking, their is no public space, is either belongs private or our Government,
and FYI, many general public, including security guards, park ranges, classify DLSR as pro gears, so when photographers shooting with reflectors and additional lighting set up as such, whether is real pros or act pro, be prepared to be asked to leave if you didn't seek permission prior the shoot.

adamadam

Feb 9, 2004
Perth
www.flickr.com
Question:

Need we ask for permission to do a shoot in a park? Like for fashion editorial, or wedding. No huge equipment, no film making,
Not sure about Singapore, but here, the regulations usually say that you need approval etc. Since you might have to pay a fee

Top Bottom