shooting in geylang

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrOo

May 18, 2006
senGkanG
Went to geylang to took some pix just now, was happily snapping away till got stop by a pimp who uses his hand to cover my lens.. :angry:

Anyone has such experience there before? It's a pity not being able to take pix of those small alleys, as it's what geylang's all about.. Perhaps we should organise an outing to shoot there and since in a group, think they wont dare to do anything to us.. :bsmilie:

wonder how did u react ?

Maybe you rent a hotel room, and then take the 600mm f4 and snipe from above?

erm..actually its an unspoken rule to not to take pics at these places.. to the "gals", its some sort like an insult and they are likely to use violence if u dun stop.. even newspaper photograhers also hide up in vans etc. before they shoot.

my advise would be: leave that place alone...

now how much do you know about geylang :bsmilie:

Sausage said:
Which lorong were you shooting in?

andrOo said:
Went to geylang to took some pix just now, was happily snapping away till got stop by a pimp who uses his hand to cover my lens.. :angry:

Anyone has such experience there before? It's a pity not being able to take pix of those small alleys, as it's what geylang's all about.. Perhaps we should organise an outing to shoot there and since in a group, think they wont dare to do anything to us.. :bsmilie:

I will totally avoid so as to protect myself, camera and reset of ppls. :embrass:

They will not touch you but can't said that for your camera.

YMMV

Sausage said:
Which lorong were you shooting in?

Haha.. were shooting at Lor14.. Actually just wanna take the pics of the small streets and the sky. Not shooting the girls.. And after what the pimp has done to stop me.. Instantly i can identify all the pimps cause they were all staring at me.. Think chai chee also has this kinda of problem..

andrOo said:
Haha.. were shooting at Lor14.. Actually just wanna take the pics of the small streets and the sky. Not shooting the girls.. And after what the pimp has done to stop me.. Instantly i can identify all the pimps cause they were all staring at me.. Think chai chee also has this kinda of problem..
Chai Chee has pimps ?

reno77 said:
Chai Chee has pimps ?

Erm.. think so bah, they got lots of massage parlours there right? THink the newspaper got write.. Oh.. Just remembered it's Joo Chiat.. Not chai chee.. HAha.. But think those pimps got organisation one, all the 'girls' standing by the road side belongs to different groups. Heard from my friend that the pimps are in different secret society in singapore..

kcuf2 said:
Maybe you rent a hotel room, and then take the 600mm f4 and snipe from above?

erm..actually its an unspoken rule to not to take pics at these places.. to the "gals", its some sort like an insult and they are likely to use violence if u dun stop.. even newspaper photograhers also hide up in vans etc. before they shoot.

my advise would be: leave that place alone...

I agree. Leave the Geylang Lorongs alone. Just like you can shoot all of Orchard but not Orchard Tower. Red light districts are sensitive areas

But maybe you can ask police to accompany or protect you. See what they say. :bsmilie:

:thumbsup:
Thumbs up for your bravery ! :sweat: Even police or journalist do this in a covert manner. you are the BEST !! :bsmilie:
Count yourself lucky he didnt wack you or not camera. If he knows u not a reporter from some newspaper or mag, GG liao :confused:

Those uncles and young punks loitering around the alleys and kopitams are what they call the 13 tai bao. The shops and freelance gals around that areas pay protection money to them. Dun try that stunt again :nono:

You can try snapping pictures when the police is conducting raid. Quickly run away on ur vehicle after they finished.

benedium said:
I agree. Leave the Geylang Lorongs alone. Just like you can shoot all of Orchard but not Orchard Tower. Red light districts are sensitive areas

But maybe you can ask police to accompany or protect you. See what they say. :bsmilie:

I agree +1:thumbsup: .
Thats a special district for that kind of entertainment and their clients prefer secrecy.
The Police patrol the area but do not station their men there. :dunno:
Not worth the risk and danger.

Go to Pattaya or Phuket if you're so eager to shoot red light district.;p
They welcome you long long.:sweatsm:

Morphis said:
I agree +1:thumbsup: .
Thats a special district for that kind of entertainment and their clients prefer secrecy.
The Police patrol the area but do not station their men there. :dunno:
Not worth the risk and danger.

Go to Pattaya or Phuket if you're so eager to shoot red light district.;p
They welcome you long long.:sweatsm:

Haha.. perhaps will go to phuket or pattaya to shoot.. Or maybe use my small PnS next time.. There's too much interesting stuff there le, such as the ways they use to get customers..

Status
Not open for further replies.