Shooting in club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacksOfLies

Apr 4, 2007
Maybe this topic have been discuss to death already... But what I'm looking for is not just whipping out your camera and just start shooting people there clubbing...

Wondering if it is possible to do portraiture shoot in clubbing environment...

ask the club that you want to shoot in, check with their management.

ask the club that you want to shoot in, check with their management.
I'm afraid that the ans is most likely to be no... Anyone done it before?

I guess muz pretend to be some camwhore people then and whip out PnS to shoot...

Most clubs will not allow photography during biz hours by hobbyists. During non operational hours maybe. One way to do it is to work out a deal with the club. You are allowed to take the photos and keep them but then must give one set to them for their publicity use. They might find it agreeable.

From my understanding, big clubs like Zouk only has authorised photographers or rather last I heard one authorised photographer who is allowed to take photos during operational hours.

I have been to MOS with friends, they carry compact cams and I saw a lot of people taking pictures inside without any problems. Not sure if SLRs will cause commotions though.

and lotsa hp cameras.... PnS sure not problem, but no manual mode only - face well expose, background all black. Any PnS that have manual mode?

PNS they will normally close an eye. Cos your PNS wont be able to capture much in the darkness anyway. And unless other patrons make an complain about you flashing away and affecting their "mood", the bouncers will leave you alone. After all a club is where people go to party and celebrate and wanting to take pics is normal. But once you wipe out a DSLR or SLR and start pointing at the crowd, the decor, the DJ.... that one u will most likely get stopped.

A friend has a brought in a D200 with a fast prime, didn't get stopped. It depends on what you are shooting.

So, is there anything wrong with wanting well-exposed group shots? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.