shooting format

Status
Not open for further replies.
i usually shoot in Large Fine format...so how come when i try to scale down the image size and post it here...my photo looks quite pixelated? the picture was took in the day btw...at 300mm focal length

NPNT.
Raw gives the chance for a slightly shaper rendition of the picture if only the software is capable of doing so.
For web posting - it doesn't matter if you shoot raw or jpeg. Pixelated means the resizing isn't done properly.

To see bigger pic click on photo...

yea so anyway this is the picture...maybe you can teach me how to resize properly with my PS cs3?
it juz doesnt look as sharp as the rest of the pictures that was submitted by the others...perhaps its OOF?

Perhaps your cs3 color profile needs to be set to srgb or something or it it you're saving under low quality? Focus looks fine but I feel your 40D is underperforming, it can do wayyy better than this. No idea what lens/settings/condition you're shooting at so can't advice u further.

how do i set my cs3 profile to srgb? i was using 70-300mm usm, and i was shooting at about 5, 6pm,it was still quite bright and as for the settings,
Aperture information: F/5.7
Shutter speed information: 1/80 sec
ISO: ISO-800
Focal length: 300mm
...i'm still learning to use my 40d...any help will be greatly appreciated =)

how do i set my cs3 profile to srgb? i was using 70-300mm usm, and i was shooting at about 5, 6pm,it was still quite bright and as for the settings,
Aperture information: F/5.7
Shutter speed information: 1/80 sec
ISO: ISO-800
Focal length: 300mm
...i'm still learning to use my 40d...any help will be greatly appreciated =)

RAW is unsharpened. Don't know what lens you're using, 40D can do much better than what's been shown. Perhaps try saving jpgs in high quality format but I suspect its the camera settings. ISO 800 hmm..

i think around 5pm like that shoot, dont need High ISO, just adjust ur WB. To maybe Sunny or Cloudy to have that kinda warm feeling. Just set Aperture to maybe lets say, F8. Depend on the lighting also, if its good, shoot around 5.6 to 8 or so. If u said the lighting its quite bright, why setting ISO at 800? Set to 100-200 will do. than the rest adjust ur shutter speed and Aperture will do. If u want to shoot both person, try shooting at F10 or F13, than Matrix metering. Aperture Prority mode? rather u use Aperture Prority mode than Manual since u are getting to explore with ur 40D. Yes, try set to JPEG.

hmm...aperture priority means i only set the shutter speed rite? well it was kinda bright but shady at the same time...

hmm...aperture priority means i only set the shutter speed rite? well it was kinda bright but shady at the same time...

yes, most importantly is what metering are u using..

Try set WB at Shade. The colour contrast i think will be there.

The pic u took , the lighting too flat.

aperture priority means.. you set the aperture..:angel:

oh erm so which is it? set aperture or shutter speed? i was using evaluative metering btw...well i kinda like using manual mode becuz i like to have full control of my shots...but i'll try the other modes =) can any other experience photographers give me advice? all help are appreciated =D

Set to aperture priority, then choose your aperture and let the camera decide the shutter speed. That's one way.

I don't see a purpose in manual mode, unless you have the lighting well controlled or wish to have the exact same setting for every shot to reflect the changes in lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.