Shooting F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildsoyabean

Sep 28, 2008
One of the lines in F1 ticket says
" no professional audio/video/ photography equipment" allowed

only amerature photography allowed

would bring my d90+tripod result in me being banned from entering?

The exact regulations have been posted on the F1 website, and discussed on here extensively last year and this year.

Please try some research.

The answer is.....bring a "small" dslr.

alternatively can hang out at the outskirts of the fences and "hope" something happens.

If you want to get up close shots from outside in safety, may need 600mm lens.

Anyway, what happens is if your gear is too pro then you may be asked to fill up a form in which the photos taken is only for personal use.

Last edited:
The answer is.....bring a "small" dslr.

alternatively can hang out at the outskirts of the fences and "hope" something happens.

If you want to get up close shots from outside in safety, may need 600mm lens.

Anyway, what happens is if your gear is too pro then you may be asked to fill up a form in which the photos taken is only for personal use.

And the official max. focal length is 300mm, and no tripods in the grandstand...

As already discussed in the other threads.

Apparently my friend's camera was not even checked and he was able to bring in a 100-400L...

bring wat ever u want, they wont stop u from entering.. i see so many huge lens inside.. just say pic are for home use... they didnt even stop me and my 70-200mm...

i see 1 guy holding 3 dslr... tripod and monopod :D so many eqpts...

There should be no problem. But the guys at the gate wanted to stop me from bringing in AA batteries, the in-charge told them that is ok cuz I'll need it for my cameras then I was allowed in. I was also advised by the same guy not to use my monopod.

There should be no problem. But the guys at the gate wanted to stop me from bringing in AA batteries, the in-charge told them that is ok cuz I'll need it for my cameras then I was allowed in. I was also advised by the same guy not to use my monopod.
Maybe they thought AA batteries can be used in making bombs? :)

i even see 1 guy with a lowepro laguage pulling around bay grandstand. and a monopod attached on the side.

hey guys!

i only have a 28-135mm lens to use for the f1
any ideas where would be a gd place for me?

That lens might not be fast enough for F1

I seen people with huge ass lenses (not official photo) at F1. they're not stopped
Huge ass as in 400mm f2.8 and as long as i've not seen it in my life type. Probably 600mm

I seen people with huge ass lenses (not official photo) at F1. they're not stopped
Huge ass as in 400mm f2.8 and as long as i've not seen it in my life type. Probably 600mm

I mainly saw 300mm f/2.8 being used.

I saw a paid spectator carrying 600mm lens on his monopod.. When i walked past him, i joked with him and said, "pretty heavy eh?" and he gave me a weird face and muttered, "ya..."

I saw a paid spectator carrying 600mm lens on his monopod.. When i walked past him, i joked with him and said, "pretty heavy eh?" and he gave me a weird face and muttered, "ya..."

that kind action one la... lol

Maybe official photog for other events but not for F1 hehe.

FIA so strict on official photog approval, I'm sure there are many like this also. It's like what? 500 published F1 photos before even being considered by FIA for application? Or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.