Shooting during wedding banquet

Cowseye

Mar 7, 2010
Singapore
www.ttlo-cowseye.com
Hi guys,

I hope to get some opinions on if I should take a few shots while I'm standing on stage behind the couple for creative angles.

This is a photo I saw from Neil vN (Credits goes to him of course)

This was taken in a western culture wedding banquet. If it's local Chinese, or local in general, would it cause too much obstruction or a taboo to do that?

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
Hi guys,

I hope to get some opinions on if I should take a few shots while I'm standing on stage behind the couple for creative angles.

This is a photo I saw from Neil vN (Credits goes to him of course)

This was taken in a western culture wedding banquet. If it's local Chinese, or local in general, would it cause too much obstruction or a taboo to do that?
no, it is fine to do that, but if there is a videographer also shooting this wedding, most likely both of you will be shooting each other. lol.

photoart

Feb 21, 2009
Singapore
www.facebook.com
Generally there's no taboo on that, but always check with the couple(or other important people) on this

I once shot a church wedding and the pastor told me specifically not to stand/shoot behind him when the couple is exchanging vows. He feels that's the most crucial moment, otherwise I can stand/shoot anywhere I want

Top Bottom