shooting close up

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotaboy

Deregistered
Nov 23, 2007
Woodlands
My camera has a metering system that forbids me to shoot subject which are relatively close.
Most of the time i want to close object/subject close up but unable to due to the system locking.

How can i overcome this problem?
lenses that are more narrow?

My camera has a metering system that forbids me to shoot subject which are relatively close.
Most of the time i want to close object/subject close up but unable to due to the system locking.

It's not the metering... I believe it's more of the closest focusing distance issue.

Agree with Zac that most likely u went beyond the minimum focusing distance of the lens.

You can focus closer with your existing setup by adding an extension tube(s), close up filters
Alternatively you can consider a dedicated macro lens as an option

Here is a good read on equipments for shooting macro.
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=261356

Ryan

I'm using sony sytem.
WHat do u mean by mcro mode?
no i dun use filter,tube..etc

you are too close, and the camera cannot focus,
so the camera don't let you take blur photo

if you are using a DSLR with interchangeable lens,
then get a macro lens, which can focus at close distances

What is the lens that you are using? This will help, as people can check up the closest focus distance.

I'm using a100 with a 28-105 lense.

I'm using a100 with a 28-105 lense.

That dun seem to be a macro lens. That's where your problem is. Try adding a close-up filter, you may get better results.

Is it this lens??
28-105
if so, you have a minimum range of 500mm which is like 50cm away.

Yes. What bro Zac08 mentioned is right. The 28-105mm lens is not a dedicated Macro lens hence, it will not allow you to get very close to your subject. The min. focusing distance still has to be observed.

That dun seem to be a macro lens. That's where your problem is. Try adding a close-up filter, you may get better results.

Is it this lens??
28-105
if so, you have a minimum range of 500mm which is like 50cm away.

But from cosina.

But from cosina.

Still there should be a minimum focusing range for that lens right? What's the minimum focusing distance? Dun go below that.

But from cosina.

yes bro, I know which one cos I have one from Vivitar too. Mine is the same as yours, just that it's marketed under different names. I've tried taking some close up photos with the lens too but the minimum focusing distance is actually quite far & does not allow you to do close up on your subject. You may want to get extension tubes or close up filters for close up shots with this lens. But results will still be better from a dedicated macro lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.