Shooting Beyond concert this Sat

Status
Not open for further replies.

trd2970

Jun 8, 2005
Hi folks,

Will be attending the Beyond concert this Sat and hoping to catch some good shots with my DSLR. Just a few newbie questions which I hope you guys can help out with:

a) Are DSLRs or even cameras allowed to be brought in to the Indoor Stadium?

b) My seat should be at least 30-40m from the stage. I will be bringing my 75-300 mm lens for close-up shots of the band and 18-70 mm lens for general shooting. Is there any need for a external flash units since the effective range for external flash would be way below 30-40m?

c) What settings (shutter speed, aperture and exposure) would be good for indoor rock concerts?

Thanks in advance!

anyone who can help? Thanks!

trd2970 said:
anyone who can help? Thanks!

You should read the details carefully. It is stated in SISTIC / "Beyond the story live 2005" page.

sigh..

even though it's stated that no photography allowed, are they usually strict abt enforcing?

trd2970 said:
Hi folks,

Will be attending the Beyond concert this Sat and hoping to catch some good shots with my DSLR. Just a few newbie questions which I hope you guys can help out with:

b) My seat should be at least 30-40m from the stage. I will be bringing my 75-300 mm lens for close-up shots of the band and 18-70 mm lens for general shooting. Is there any need for a external flash units since the effective range for external flash would be way below 30-40m?

c) What settings (shutter speed, aperture and exposure) would be good for indoor rock concerts?

Thanks in advance!

Answer:

(a) No. Unless u're the official photographer or from Press Media.

(b) At where u're located, ur lens range won't be enuf even at the 300mm end to capture any close up.. at most half-body.. (see these: my weblink. I was the official photographer for that event, using a 70-200mm VR and standing abt 6 meters away from the stage platform (press & media zone). On the other hand, NO flash allowed in indoor stadium, esp during performance! OT: even if u can.. at 30m or 40m?? err...

(c) Usually ISO 800 and above.. Exposure: -2/3 f-stop.. Centre-weight/spot metering. (I was using a D70)

Anyway.. if u're not shooting as paid job might as well enjoy the concert rite... else u'll be too focus on shooting..

destiny_star said:
Answer:

(a) No. Unless u're the official photographer or from Press Media.

(b) At where u're located, ur lens range won't be enuf even at the 300mm end to capture any close up.. at most half-body.. (see these: my weblink. I was the official photographer for that event, using a 70-200mm VR and standing abt 6 meters away from the stage platform (press & media zone). On the other hand, NO flash allowed in indoor stadium, esp during performance! OT: even if u can.. at 30m or 40m?? err...

(c) Usually ISO 800 and above.. Exposure: -2/3 f-stop.. Centre-weight/spot metering. (I was using a D70)

Anyway.. if u're not shooting as paid job might as well enjoy the concert rite... else u'll be too focus on shooting..

Thanks heaps for the advice! Guess I'll just sit back and enjoy the concert then! ;)

trd2970 said:
even though it's stated that no photography allowed, are they usually strict abt enforcing?

I attended the Eagles concert last year and my frd brough his camera and when he attempted to shoot the ushers came over and politely asked him to stop. I reckon you can try to sneak a few shots but not too much...it deepnds on where you are sitting...we were sitting at the arena (lowest floor) and the ushers were just standing behind us...if you are liek in the middle of the terrace then should not be that noticeable...

Must let you know when you go in there will be a table where your bags are checked but we just passed through without anyone stopping us...too many bags for them to check liao..same as when i went for Snow Wolf Lake...

that was in the past, nowadays they ask u open bag to check....so if u really want to take photo, either
1 . bring small cam can hide in pocket kind.
2. spilt ur lens and body with another friend, then concert start , assemble cam...

i know cos last time tried to bring in Sony F828, and was told cannot........:(

trd2970 said:
Hi folks,

Thanks in advance!

Hi, so did you manage to shoot anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.