Shooting at night safari!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuy

Sep 7, 2002
Alpha Centuari
Visit site
beginner here, trying out shots at night safari. any advise for me? will autofocus do for me? any special settings e.g. aperture/shutter settings to set?

Originally posted by shuy
beginner here, trying out shots at night safari. any advise for me? will autofocus do for me? any special settings e.g. aperture/shutter settings to set?

Never tried b4 but I don't think it is going to be easy since flash is not allowed.

i'm using my friend's digicam... i can't remember the model but it's pretty high end canon. any tricks to take night shots w/o flash? increase shutter speed?

high end canon? could that be the G2? or even a D30/D60?

i don't think increasing the shutter speed would help... in fact you will probably need to decrease the shutter speed to allow more light to come into the lens. you might need a tripod to minimize handshake, but then the animals are moving so that might not be too helpful.

i guess you could increase the ISO to the highest possible/usable value. for d60/d30, that should be quite high (800, 1000 or even 1600 for the d30). i don't know what the highest usable ISO on a G2 or G1.

aperture would probably need to be wide open... the dof would be really shallow, but at least there's more light.

anyone can confirm if these are indeed the things that need to be done? :dunno:

wah whack shutter speed to 8s.... by that time all the animals gone aredi.... hehe.

i'll def. need a tripod for it or it'll appear all fuzzy man. actually i haven't been there in a looong time, hopefully it'll be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.