Shooting at National Day Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

socrates

Jan 31, 2005
I have just been given tickets for the national day parade for tomorrow. managed as well to borrow a 30D for use during the parade. First time for me !

Anybody here can please share any tips to me how to shoot the fireworks, flypast, the night shots etc. what settings should I should at etc.

Is it okay for me to bring in a tripod for the parade?

socrates said:
I have just been given tickets for the national day parade for tomorrow. managed as well to borrow a 30D for use during the parade. First time for me !

Anybody here can please share any tips to me how to shoot the fireworks, flypast, the night shots etc. what settings should I should at etc.

30D only? what lens you have?

socrates said:

For the flypast, u'll need a long lens. Depending on light conditions (usually very low light), shoot handheld, zoom all the way, open yr aperture to the largest, increase ISO until 400 and select yr shutter speed to around 1/250. For the jets u may want to do continuous shooting, all at AI Servo mode.

Fireworks wise, use tripod, set aperture to f/16 or f/22, shutter speed of 4 to 8 secs, ISO 100 and use cable release. Recommended lens when shooting from inside the stadium is a wide lens, preferably around 12-17mm.

At the stadium, prepare for the fly past which would come from behind and to the left of the choir. When they ask ppl to look up in the sky, most ended up being lost.

I am bringing the standard kit lens as well as the 300 mm zoom lens.

Thanks for all tips. hopefully can shoot or learn something from this experience.

BTW what does the AI servo mode do?

socrates said:
I am bringing the standard kit lens as well as the 300 mm zoom lens.

Thanks for all tips. hopefully can shoot or learn something from this experience.

BTW what does the AI servo mode do?
Why not just sit there and enjoy the show? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.