Shooting at Marina Bay Sands

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChengB

Feb 26, 2010
Tampines
i'm planning to go shoot at MBS this Saturday, so i have a few questions for those of you who have already been there. As i am staying for the whole day (from noon till night, to catch both day time scenery and nightscape as well as fireworks), here's wad i hope i can find out..

1) We are allowed to stay that long right? Cos the T&C stated here sounds kinda vague. It says "all tickets are scheduled and allocated a specific time-frame". So we have to leave after that time frame? :dunno:
2) Is there shelter up there? In case it rains during the day but we still wanna stay till nightfall?
3) If we buy the ticket and have already entered the park, are we allowed to re-enter by showing the ticket stub (if any) should we decide to leave the skypark to get something? e.g. food/drinks
4) Any other thing that should/is worth taking note of?

Sorry for so many (noob) questions and thanks a lot in advance for your help, everyone!:D

i'm planning to go shoot at MBS this Saturday, so i have a few questions for those of you who have already been there. As i am staying for the whole day (from noon till night, to catch both day time scenery and nightscape as well as fireworks), here's wad i hope i can find out..

1) We are allowed to stay that long right? Cos the T&C stated here sounds kinda vague. It says "all tickets are scheduled and allocated a specific time-frame". So we have to leave after that time frame? :dunno:
2) Is there shelter up there? In case it rains during the day but we still wanna stay till nightfall?
3) If we buy the ticket and have already entered the park, are we allowed to re-enter by showing the ticket stub (if any) should we decide to leave the skypark to get something? e.g. food/drinks
4) Any other thing that should/is worth taking note of?

Sorry for so many (noob) questions and thanks a lot in advance for your help, everyone!:D

I dont think you will be able to bring a tripod and DSLR, thats what I heard from my friends. Maybe you can visit this link http://www.marinabaysands.com/SandsSkypark/Sands_Sky_Park.aspx#tabs_1_4
Hope this helped..

hi, went there last thursday.

(1) haven't heard of this being an issue. FYI, i went at 630 pm, and the so-called time frame on my tick was 10 am to 10 pm. maybe the T&C is to cover days where they have block-outs for special events or something, i don't know.
(2) yes should have enough shelter.
(3) didn't try. but i think the tick covers you for that day. best to ask the reception when you buy the tick.
(4) tripod policy has been inconsistent. in the earlier days, it seemed that there was no issue. when i went, they made me keep it (mine was a really average slik tripod, nothing huge). last saturday, someone went and there was no issue again.

I dont think you will be able to bring a tripod and DSLR, thats what I heard from my friends. Maybe you can visit this link http://www.marinabaysands.com/SandsSkypark/Sands_Sky_Park.aspx#tabs_1_4
Hope this helped..

Hahas i saw that page too. But hey, i dun see anything wrong with a DSLR wad. Its just another form of camera. Some people can take better photos using a pns than others using a dslr, so yeah..

Oh but I digress.. The point is, as long as i'm not bringing strobes and setting up a outdoor studio there, i dun see why not.

Oh well, i shall go try bringing my tripod there, in a bag maybe, so it wont be that obvious. And besides, some fellow CSers have apparently bought theirs up before as well, so i'll just try my luck.

Thanks for your help! :D

I called Marina Bay Sands a few days ago and asked about their tripod issue.The lady told me that tripods are not allowed because of some security reasons....

total nonsensical policy. how can a tripod be a security issue? there are easier things to hurl down from the surfboard. there are easier things to trip over than tripod legs. there are many things that take up more space than a tripod. there are many things that are more annoying than a tripod.

hi, went there last thursday.

(1) haven't heard of this being an issue. FYI, i went at 630 pm, and the so-called time frame on my tick was 10 am to 10 pm. maybe the T&C is to cover days where they have block-outs for special events or something, i don't know.
(2) yes should have enough shelter.
(3) didn't try. but i think the tick covers you for that day. best to ask the reception when you buy the tick.
(4) tripod policy has been inconsistent. in the earlier days, it seemed that there was no issue. when i went, they made me keep it (mine was a really average slik tripod, nothing huge). last saturday, someone went and there was no issue again.

Oh ok, i shall go ask about the ticket thing when i go shoot, then i'll update again i guess. Hopefully can, if not i'll have to bring extra food, which means extra weight. :sticktong
Thanks! :D

I called Marina Bay Sands a few days ago and asked about their tripod issue.The lady told me that tripods are not allowed because of some security reasons....
:bigeyes:
Not likely that a bomb can be hidden in there right? :sweat:
Thanks for your input, at least now we know why its not allowed. :bsmilie:

total nonsensical policy. how can a tripod be a security issue? there are easier things to hurl down from the surfboard. there are easier things to trip over than tripod legs. there are many things that take up more space than a tripod. there are many things that are more annoying than a tripod.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

Hi, I think the idea is to limit the number of tripods on the rooftop. The lucky ones were admitted, while the rest was refused.

Hi, I think the idea is to limit the number of tripods on the rooftop. The lucky ones were admitted, while the rest was refused.

Doesnt make sense to limit the number anyway. Oh well, wad to to.. Just try to sneak in lor.. :sticktong

Hi I experience a problem when I try to go on the day1 opening, they stop me and show me the policy on the signboard, No professional photography/videography equipment including DSLR allow up there. Did they change the policy and restrict tripod only? Thanks

Hi I experience a problem when I try to go on the day1 opening, they stop me and show me the policy on the signboard, No professional photography/videography equipment including DSLR allow up there. Did they change the policy and restrict tripod only? Thanks

hmm, what a let down... no professional equipment?? guess i will have to bring up my PNS then... or my lomo!

Security reasons??!! :think:

The management really should explain themselves well!! The last time i went they told me it is to prevent tripods from falling over and injure people due to the strong winds. :dunno:

hmm, what a let down... no professional equipment?? guess i will have to bring up my PNS then... or my lomo!

there were a ton of people using DSLRs when i was there on thurs, so i don't think DSLR is the problem, tripod is...

Security reasons??!! :think:

The management really should explain themselves well!! The last time i went they told me it is to prevent tripods from falling over and injure people due to the strong winds. :dunno:

yeah, i should mention that there were a few foreigners openly using tripod, but i didn't see them being stopped... this is not to incite anything against foreigners, but a condemnation of the management's double standards.

To be safe, use small lenses, not those Cannons like the recently concluded World Cup.

Remove the Battery Grip from your camera.

I believe those security-type people will think a Pro setup when they see something so big. So minimize your bag, don't bring a roller bag full of lenses and extra bodies and flash guns.

Hope you get what I mean. 1 lens, 1 body.

they are totally absurd:thumbsd:

And whose name is on the Hotel's marquee? Sands Hotel. If it says ClubSNAP, I'm sure we would all be able to bring up our tripods, telezooms, strobes, etc.

It is still a commercial property.

And whose name is on the Hotel's marquee? Sands Hotel. If it says ClubSNAP, I'm sure we would all be able to bring up our tripods, telezooms, strobes, etc.

It is still a commercial property.

i guess i didn't make myself clear ... i'm referring to the inconsistency portion ..

Status
Not open for further replies.