shooting at country-borders

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeelanac

Deregistered
Apr 12, 2007
Simei
www.flickr.com
hi,just wanted to ask for opinions..is it ok to shoot at country borders like the bridge between woodlands checkpoint and jb? i saw the good view of the sunset along that area. Would there be any particular restrictions as far as immigration controls and securities are concerned? i'm not a S'porean so just quite unfamiliar with such cases..thnx

tirza

Jul 26, 2007
www.flickr.com
hi,just wanted to ask for opinions..is it ok to shoot at country borders like the bridge between woodlands checkpoint and jb? i saw the good view of the sunset along that area. Would there be any particular restrictions as far as immigration controls and securities are concerned? i'm not a S'porean so just quite unfamiliar with such cases..thnx
i shot in the imigration cp there b4 and got scolded.. :bsmilie:

tirza

Jul 26, 2007
www.flickr.com
i shot in the imigration cp there b4 and got scolded.. :bsmilie:

lsisaxon

Nov 29, 2004
Maybe you can try check out of SG, walk to the middle of the causewa, one foot on MY part and another on SG part, technically you have left SG but have not entered MY, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. ;p

JerrySH

Oct 15, 2007
dun try, very sensitive thing. i got prosecuted while trying to shoot the train track in old woodlands check point. nice view though but ended up deleting all of it. -.-

lsisaxon

Nov 29, 2004
dun try, very sensitive thing. i got prosecuted while trying to shoot the train track in old woodlands check point. nice view though but ended up deleting all of it. -.-
I think they just want to prevent terrorists from invading the train tracks. Yeah.. it's quite sensitive. But do SG or MY own the sun? ;p It would be hard to swallow if you get proseuted for shooting sunset.. :sweat:

JerrySH

Oct 15, 2007
Do SG or MY own the sun? ;p
its not about tt, but tt area is state land, cannot tresspass.
and was using a 350D with 18-55 kit lens, no choice have to go up close, sway sway tio caught by the police. :(

lsisaxon

Nov 29, 2004
its not about tt, but tt area is state land, cannot tresspass.
and was using a 350D with 18-55 kit lens, no choice have to go up close, sway sway tio caught by the police. :(
Sigh... :(

DeSwitch

Oct 28, 2005
1.45N 103.83E
www.flickr.com
No problem lah. We ever shot there for a hour or so. walked from sg to middle of bridge. The police from both side also dont bother about us. However, inside the checkpoint area is not allowed.

mikeelanac

Deregistered
Apr 12, 2007
Simei
www.flickr.com
thanks for opinions.
I guess i'll just take a photo while inside the bus passing the bridge..this way it'll be safe to do.;p

cantaresg

Feb 23, 2007
Woodlands
As long as it is restricted area, you are not allowed to take pictures. So check the sign properly before you attempt anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom