Shooting a Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
espn said:
Ooops.. that's what I'd do if I had miscue by rewinding the roll and shooting again.
Yeah.. I think I would do the same also.. Otherwise won't know where to hide my face..

espn said:
Ooops.. that's what I'd do if I had miscue by rewinding the roll and shooting again.
all you need is just to overlap one frame, so you miss two shots, no PS can save you. :bsmilie:

catchlights said:
all you need is just to overlap one frame, so you miss two shots, no PS can save you. :bsmilie:
Dun need one frame lah.. 1/4 of a frame is bad enough!

lsisaxon said:
Yeah.. I think I would do the same also.. Otherwise won't know where to hide my face..
Yep, it's not about money, it's not about reputation, it's about other people's happiness
wacko2.gif

catchlights said:
Too risky, I'd rather waste the film by anyhow shooting than rewinding... :bsmilie:

espn said:
Yep, it's not about money, it's not about reputation, it's about other people's happiness
wacko2.gif
Exactly!! :thumbsup:

I'm sure if it's your wedding, you won't want the photographer to do this.

catchlights said:
you can crop it to become a SQ format..:bsmilie:
Yeah.. with the bride and the groom separated? Or the mother and the mother-in-law morphed together? Prize winning shots!! Yeah!! :thumbsup: People will think you shot with medium format somemore hor? :p

lsisaxon said:
Yeah.. with the bride and the groom separated? Or the mother and the mother-in-law morphed together? Prize winning shots!! Yeah!! :thumbsup: People will think you shot with medium format somemore hor? :p
you can make a 2R print out of this.:bsmilie:

espn said:
Too risky, I'd rather waste the film by anyhow shooting than rewinding... :bsmilie:
Yeah.. find some kids to pose for you, but remember what's going to come up next, remember to have enough time to rewind and load a new roll.. If nothing good to shoot. Then just don't shoot anything.. it's just a few inches of plastic. :)

catchlights said:
you can make a 2R print out of this.:bsmilie:
2S you mean? :)

catchlights said:
just print a 3R and cut half can liao.
Hahaha.. okie.. :p But sometimes the lab doesn't know how to print it for you..

lsisaxon said:
Hahaha.. okie.. :p But sometimes the lab doesn't know how to print it for you..
tell them which side nicer than print which side lor. maybe can stick the 2R on front cover of the album to use as cover photo also.

catchlights said:
tell them which side nicer than print which side lor. maybe can stick the 2R on front cover of the album to use as cover photo also.
You good!! :thumbsup: PRO!!

lsisaxon said:
That's why I always use 2 bodies for weddings. :) And you don't change film when you know something is going to happen. If you know something is going to happen 5-10 mins later and there is probably nothing going to happen at the current moment, it will be wiser to check your film counter, if you have less than 5 shots on a body left, time to put in a new roll. It should not take more than 2 mins. If you think that something is going to happen, then don't change. That's why very important to use 2 bodies and stagger your shots so that if you reach end of the roll on one body you still have half a roll on the other body.

But i don't have 2 SLR bodies hehe...i've heard that in some cases the photographer have an assistant so that the assistant can load a new roll of film for the main photographer while he continues shooting.

lsisaxon said:
You won't want to use anything wider than 24mm for film when shooting people. The corners are quite unuseable for people because of the perspective distortion of such lenses. Faces will get distorted and I'm quite sure the guests won't like that.

Oh...well i guess i'll just try to see it as 28mm's not very wide enough for the table shots.

Snoweagle said:
But i don't have 2 SLR bodies hehe...i've heard that in some cases the photographer have an assistant so that the assistant can load a new roll of film for the main photographer while he continues shooting.
If you don't have a 2nd body, then you really need to schedule your shots properly lor.. Bring along a PnS, it will come in useful if the situation arises. Better to have a lower quality shot than no shot at all.

Snoweagle said:
Oh...well i guess i'll just try to see it as 28mm's not very wide enough for the table shots.
You'll be surprised. 28mm is quite ok but good to have a wider lens just in case there is really no space. Distorted picture better than no picture. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.