Shoot World - Global Photography Competition - GET INVOLVED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannahWhite

Oct 30, 2006
SHOOT WORLD - November 2006

A GLOBAL FIRST - SHOOT WORLD - The world through your eyes...
As well as giving you the chance to win prizes, the monthly Shoot Experience competitions are giving us the chance to develop our Big Idea - SHOOT WORLD - a gigantic World Map that captures the culture of every country and celebrates the diversity of our world.

We are inspiring people from every country in the world to take photographs on a central theme each month. The photos taken will be plotted onto a gigantic world map which will be printed onto the floor of the Association of Photographer's Gallery in London, UK as well as online at www.shootexperience.com

Imagine walking barefoot over the world, over a geographical collage of photos showing a central theme through the eyes of people everywhere, from Cameroon to Cambodia to Cuba.

Get involved and Register! We need photos from every country on the planet to produce our map….
Visit www.shootexperience.com and let's Shoot the World together!

Before u submit , do read the T&C stated on the web here.

Quote :
"
COPYRIGHT
1 The copyright of all contents on this website is owned by Shoot Experience Ltd. No reproduction or usage of photographs is permitted unless by written agreement.
2 Participants and are asked to accept that any image submitted as part of A Shoot Experience event or competition may be used by Shoot Experience and it's partners for future publicity and commercial purposes.
3 You must own all copyright to all the photos you submit to a Shoot Experience competition.
"

Not being materialistic here..but for all the T&Cs here..the prizes are pathetic..

Not being materialistic here..but for all the T&Cs here..the prizes are pathetic..

Yup, they are really pathetic for buying your "rights"

Another of those cheap tactics to buy your photograph rights...only dumb ass will join :nono:

Do the T&Cs no.1 and no.2 contradict each other? I'm a bit confused...
(from the site)

COPYRIGHT
1 The copyright of all contents on this website is owned by Shoot Experience Ltd. No reproduction or usage of photographs is permitted unless by written agreement.

2 Participants are asked to accept that any image submitted as part of A Shoot Experience event or competition may be used by Shoot Experience and it's partners for future publicity and not for profit purposes. We also ask that you accept that any image submitted as part of A Shoot Experience event or competition may be used by Shoot Experience for commercial purposes. What we mean by this is - the copyright remains yours - we love your photos and want to do more with them. To give you an example - we are currently negotiating a deal with an image bank which will allow us to sell photos, the proceeds of which would be split 50/50 with you. So watch this space...

Do the T&Cs no.1 and no.2 contradict each other? I'm a bit confused...
(from the site)

COPYRIGHT

2 Participants are asked to accept that any image submitted as part of A Shoot Experience event or competition may be used by Shoot Experience and it's partners for future publicity and not for profit purposes. We also ask that you accept that any image submitted as part of A Shoot Experience event or competition may be used by Shoot Experience for commercial purposes. What we mean by this is - the copyright remains yours - we love your photos and want to do more with them. To give you an example - we are currently negotiating a deal with an image bank which will allow us to sell photos, the proceeds of which would be split 50/50 with you. So watch this space...

I think No. 1 says "website", No. 2 means your work (photographs). :sweatsm:

Not going to waste my time after reading point 2. First, "used by Shoot Experience for non-profit". Then "...accept that any image submitted as part of A Shoot Experience event or competition may be used by Shoot Experience for commercial purposes.'. Finally "To give you an example - we are currently negotiating a deal with an image bank which will allow us to sell photos, the proceeds of which would be split 50/50 with you. So watch this space..."

Hi all,

Dissappointed to see your negative comments, this is really just meant to be a way of collecting gorgeous photos to create this community inspired world-wide map - there is nothing sinister about it and I can assure you it is not a ploy to cheat you out of your copyright.

Never mind, this obviously isn't the right market for my quest.

Hannah, do take it in the right spirit, copyright and ownership are very important issues to some if not all, here.

Hi all,

Dissappointed to see your negative comments, this is really just meant to be a way of collecting gorgeous photos to create this community inspired world-wide map - there is nothing sinister about it and I can assure you it is not a ploy to cheat you out of your copyright.

Never mind, this obviously isn't the right market for my quest.

Then don't ask for commercial use rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.