Shoot The Dragons (SBG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newguy69

Jun 25, 2004
Third rock from the Sun
Hi guys,

Onli managed to get these shots of the dragonbugs. Enjoy and please comments.

#1 Red Dragon
dragon1.jpg

#2 Black Dragon
dragon2.jpg

Cheers

Nice shots bro!

Background distracting... like mine too... pai seh... but i like the first one...

Who say you had to throw away the shots? Post more bro!

nickmak said:
Nice shots bro!

Background distracting... like mine too... pai seh... but i like the first one...

Who say you had to throw away the shots? Post more bro!

Hi bro nick,

Thanks for the comments. :bsmilie: No need to pai seh...that day the dragonbugs seem to like to land on distracting backgrounds, what to do?

All shots already erased lah because used the card to backup some data from my pocket pc.

Cheers

Newguy69 said:
Hi bro nick,
No need to pai seh...that day the dragonbugs seem to like to land on distracting backgrounds, what to do?
dun blame the bugs lah ;p

You should look for a place where the background is open and bright ( full of green leaf and grass ) ... Marsh Garden is 1 of the good place for this insect shots .. try to compose against the slope ..

megaweb said:
dun blame the bugs lah ;p

You should look for a place where the background is open and bright ( full of green leaf and grass ) ... Marsh Garden is 1 of the good place for this insect shots .. try to compose against the slope ..

Hi Megaweb,

Really appreciated for your field guide :) . Me first time shooting these fellas so just wack whenever places they landed. Will try shooting again soon and hope to produce better pics. :sweatsm:

Once again, thank a lots for the important tip. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Hi yOngcheng,

First shot was taken at the pond and second one was taken at Marsh Garden.

Cheers

Well done bro. Not bad at all. Listen to the pros man. Next time we try again.

Thanks bro Jbma! Next round, we shall go and shoot any things that have wings (from birdies to dragonbugs)...keke :bsmilie:

Cheers

philip827 said:
Nice pics!!!
I like the second one... it look like helicopter... :bsmilie:

Hi Philip,

Glad that you like it. These are the only 2 so call ok shots I left with...the rest of the bugs pics which I taken looks like aliens from outer space...haha :bsmilie:

Cheers

Hey mate,

Yeah, as some others have mentioned, the background is a little distracting, you've also got to contend with the large DOF of your P&S, won't quite blur the background as much as you can with a SLR/DSLR.

Nice catches though, we should go out shooting again sometime...

gooseberry said:
Hey mate,

Yeah, as some others have mentioned, the background is a little distracting, you've also got to contend with the large DOF of your P&S, won't quite blur the background as much as you can with a SLR/DSLR.

Nice catches though, we should go out shooting again sometime...

Hi bro gooseberry,

Thanks a lots for the comments and advises. :D Yes we should organize another outing and give these bugs another fright of their lives again :devil:

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.