Shoot from DSLR and view from PC - shooting tethered

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadpixel

Apr 14, 2004
East
www.pbase.com
Anyone seen this Nikon Capture Pro on sale anywhere in SG?

The CD Key is on sale at the Nikon Mall for US$70 ... Ouch!! :eek:

This used to be a part of Nikon Capture 4. :angry:

O well, maybe since NCNX is working with NC4 still on my notebook, the cheap way would be to use NC4 Camera Control for tethered shooting and loading of curves - there aren't any significant differences between the two that I can spot anyway. O wait...need to see if NC4CC works with the D200.

_

_espn_ said:
It should be in I think. :)

The price won't be cheap though :sweat:
Hmmm...I'm heading to Funan today so will stop by CP to see if they have it.

*sigh* BBB
_

_espn_ said:
So how, did you find it?
No......they didn't even know what it was until I explained that Nikon had saperated it from Capture :confused: ...but know that they know, they say they will check with Nikon SG.

_

Hi guys,

Was wondering if it's possible to use the D200 but tether it off to a laptop, I've heard it can be done but not sure how.

Anyone knows?

Thanks!
Ervine

Just plug in and use Nikon Capture :)

Use the latest s/w from Nikon, Nikon Camera Control. Allows FULL CONTROL of the camera via the USB cable.

Ah great... thanks!

So I can only get the Nikon Camera Control Pro from the Nikon centre?

Ah great... thanks!

I was at NCS this week and asked them whether they were selling it and was told that it was in but that I had to get it from their dealers such as CP.

_

Ah great... thanks!

if u can't get it from singapore, can try bhphotovideo. after adding in shipping cost and currency conversion, it's roughly $165. i just checked. :)

i suggest u try ordering from the usual places like CP, Lords, TK Foto etc.. the authorised dealers shld be able to bring in some.

oh yeah, the supplied USB2.0 cable with ur d200 (or for that matter, ALL the supplied USB cables with our cameras) is a little too short for u to move ard in a studio, unless u have one of those manfrotto laptop platforms next to u with ur camera mounted on a tripod all the time during the shoot. if u have the WT-transmitter for ur d200, best.

have fun! the camera control pro is quite fun to use.:)

ok cool... will see if I can get my hands on it.. as well as a super long USB cord.. :)

by the way, if I ONLY want to tether it should I be getting some other software instead? Because I don't foresee I will need to control my camera via my laptop, I just want to see the image on a bigger LCD...

ok cool... will see if I can get my hands on it.. as well as a super long USB cord.. :)

by the way, if I ONLY want to tether it should I be getting some other software instead? Because I don't foresee I will need to control my camera via my laptop, I just want to see the image on a bigger LCD...

Ummmmmm... you do mean that you want to see the image on a larger LCD AFTER you press the shutter release button right?? :think: Because you're not going to be able to 'preview' the image even if you're shooting tethered.

If all you want to do is to look at a larger output of your shot, maybe you could try connecting your camera to an LCD television via the video out port with the supplied cable. ;)

_

Ummmmmm... you do mean that you want to see the image on a larger LCD AFTER you press the shutter release button right?? :think: Because you're not going to be able to 'preview' the image even if you're shooting tethered.

If all you want to do is to look at a larger output of your shot, maybe you could try connecting your camera to an LCD television via the video out port with the supplied cable. ;)

_

Good idea... Just that I don't have an LCD tv, well i can get one from home but it's too big haha...

I'll try Camera Control I suppose... might come in handy... ;p

If you use a Mac, then OSX itself already support tethered function. Just need to use the inbuilt image capture software. and use automator to produce some easy script to automate launching the file once captured...let me know if anyone interested to know the details.

Thanx
Pierce

The LCD TV will not display the pic nicely :p

_

I think the video output is only the same resolution as the camera's own lcd screen...whereas for nikon camera control, the image displayed is full res...

I went to Cathay, 2 x Alan Photos, John 3:16, all of them don't have Nikon Camera Control Pro... :(

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.