Shoot for Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkie

Jan 7, 2005
Singapore
Dear all,
Kampung Senang Charity & Education Foundation is a charitable organisation that was established in December 1999, and is located within a 7000 square feet premises on the ground floor of Block 840, Tampines Street 82. As the name suggests, “Kampung” is a community, “Senang” is a sense of wellness, harmony and peace.

I happen to know the charismatic chairperson, who was featured on Channel 8 on several occasions, as the former General Mgr of HSBC turned full time charity organizer. on 24 April, they will be having an event with details as per below:

Date: 24 April 05
Time: 1.30pm to 5.30pm
Event: Holisic Support Monthly Gathering (HSPC [Holisic Support for Patient
affected by Cancer] members)
Address: Blk 840, Tampines St82, #01-111
Tel: 67852568

Program of the day include
1.30pm Song Singing
2.15pm Sharing Session
3.30pm Releasing
4.00pm Food Demo & food tasting
5.00pm Round up Singing

They welcome photographers who would volunteer to take some pictures covering this event, which they may also use for their annual report of activities.

I understand that located within their compound includes an organic farm where they do distribute the produce to some cancer patients in the hope that increasing the intake of organic food will help in their recovery.
(you can find out more at their website: www.kg-senang.org.sg)

Therefore I see it is an opportunity for photographers who are interested in taking plants, people in activities, portraits of people, as well as general shots of the premises. (close ups, macro, portraits, landscape etc..)
It is a good deed to be able to contribute your photography skills in a charitable way.

Though the event may take up to 3.5 hours or more,
I understand some can be available for less than the duration. Therefore i propose to assemble a group of 6~9 volunteers where at least 2 or 3 members can be there at any one time.

Those interested, please also email me at
myster5@gmail.com
with your contact numbers, and the timing you are available for.
ie. (A)1.15-3.15pm, (B)2.15-4.15pm, (C)3.15-5.15pm... etc.

The nearest MRT is Tampines Station. I understand bus 291, 293 from the interchange will take you there, alighting at nearby ave 3.
(those who stay nearby, please confirm this or assist with a better way to get there.)

A1.
A2.
A3.
B1.
B2.
B3.
C1.
C2.
C3.

A1. hazekang
A2. s11loop
A3.
B1. hazekang
B2. s11loop
B3.
C1. hazekang
C2. s11loop
C3.

we r onz for the whole day :)

nikkie said:
The nearest MRT is Tampines Station. I understand bus 291, 293 from the interchange will take you there, alighting at nearby ave 3.
(those who stay nearby, please confirm this or assist with a better way to get there.)

Additionally, you may take bus no. 22 (or bus 293) from Tampines Interchange and alight at bus stop on Tampines Avenue 4, opposite St Hida School and before the Shell petrol station. From the bus stop, cross the road and walk on a tiled pavement running along the St Hidla school fence until you reach Tampines Street 82. Kampong Senang event location is at the end of the tiled pavement.

use to study ard there during my primary sch time , think should not be a problem

A1. hazekang
A2. s11loop
A3.
B1. hazekang
B2. s11loop
B3. Serendipity
C1. hazekang
C2. s11loop
C3. Serendipity

Hi. B3 timing might be a bit tight for me, but i will try my best to make it. :D Any special requirements? You can PM me future details then we exchange numbers. :D

Hi nikkie,

Sori for the OT but Kampung actually means village.

A1. hazekang
A2. s11loop
A3. nhk
B1. hazekang
B2. s11loop
B3. Serendipity
C1. hazekang
C2. s11loop
C3. Serendipity

I am in :)
Nikkie ..ps check your gmail. dropped you my info last nite.

Thanks for the support and quick response!
therefore the confirmed list of photographers are:
A. hazekang, s11loop, nhk, tayling
B. hazekang, s11loop, judeseah, serendipity
C. hazekang, s11loop, serendipity, zhuozehai
It looks good. some can take a rest if tired.
will also contact you all one day before to remind.
looking forward to see you all.

Dear volunteers,
Ideally the photos taken should be provided in CD-Rom at good Jpeg resolution, though prints are fine if you are willing to give the negative also. The images we provide would be available at no costs to them for selection for use in their publications, not limited to their reports of activities (maybe even web, when they have the resource to upgrade).
This is a voluntary service and i think is a good opportunity for CSers who wish to sharpen their phototaking skills at events while at the same time doing a community service. Amongst those who have volunteered and are already pros, please feel free to guide the learners. I assume all are D/F SLR users or EVF-type users. This is the first time i organize an outing, so please bear with me if i miss out certain things.
Cheers!

Hi , any kind soul out there willing to lend me their DSLR ? As i am shooting primary flim right now and dont have a DSLR it would be better for me to shoot in DSLR (money involve in developing and scaning would have cost quite abit) as i am doing this photoshot for charity and also at the same time to sharpen my skill anyone out there have one to lend me for that day pls contact me via pm thanks !

just checked with one of their administrator, they will host about 30-50 cancer patients for the activities on that day (excluding the volunteer workers).
i think we could deliver the CD-roms in about 2 weeks time (8th May)?.. however some of us may be busy and need more time, in which case i would propose to collect the remaining/last of our works/CD-roms on 15th May?
what do the rest think about this? enuf time? if okie, then i'll meet you kind souls on 8th and 15th May somewhere in town (lets determine when we meet first on 24th Apr).

not to discriminate, but we have to make it convenient for them to use also. those who are shooting films, please prepare to scan your pics in reasonable jpeg resolution (not more than 3Mb each pic? use your own judegement la..) and provide in CD-roms. thanks!

btw anyone shooting flim like me also on that day ? think till now i can only manage to shoot with flim unless someone lend me a DSLR ...

im shooting film :)
i think i'll shoot from the start of the event :) since i'm still learning the basics please guide me along. thanks

Hi there,
I wish I can volunteer myself to help you to shoot for the Kampung Senang Charity & Education Foundation cos I need to go to malaysia with my wife for the photo wedding shoot in the morning, by the time we finish shooting everything.It will end at 10pm. :cry:

S11loop said:
btw anyone shooting flim like me also on that day ? think till now i can only manage to shoot with flim unless someone lend me a DSLR ...

I will be shooting film if i am going... good ops for some b&w shooting ;)
But too late... all places filled up already :cry:

OT: Nice to see u during NUG, Nikkie!

eh full liao meh? icarus just go lah :)

zhuozehai said:
im shooting film :)
i think i'll shoot from the start of the event :) since i'm still learning the basics please guide me along. thanks
dont mention , i believe we all learn from one another and almost all the CS people i have met are super friendly and can become good friends within one day and talk abt heaven and earth :bsmilie: !

just a survey , what flim will u guys be shooting and what ISO ? ;)

also anyone will be running on external flash ??

Status
Not open for further replies.