Shoe for Water Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Teoh

Staff member
Oct 16, 2004
Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
Hi all

Anyone know where to buy those shoes meant for water sport like kayaking? Don't want to wear normal shoes as it can be quite comfort. Also any recommendation of which brand and what is the price.

Thanks.

Adidas have Aqua Shoes. I have 2 pairs.

Proven good. Walk through floods, put out to dry wear again the next day. Heavy rain, completely soaked, dry again. Through those conditions for 3 days while I was in China during the recent rainstorm. Now back in Sg still wearing them. :thumbsup:

Available from any Adidas boutique S$72 for the latest design.

Not affiliated to Adidas. Other brands may also have aqua shoes.

I got mine at Beach road. I can't remember the price. There's low cut type also and will be cheaper.

IMG_0776.jpg

(Pardon me for the poor image quality)

Timberland also has the aqua shoes.

Else you can buy the diving booties from any of the diving shops... ;)

i find those aqua shoes good for casual use, but the grip is quite lousy especially when you have to walk on wet ramps or boat decks. I think it's because of the rubber in the sole which is quite plasticized. when i go sailing i usually wear dive booties or those bata shoes with the green soles which are very good when wet. or if you have the money, get those boating shoes from harken like these: http://www.harken.com/press/Harken-VortexShoes_07.php

good grip, comfy, and dries quickly.

for a budget option, those dive booties from beach rd is value for money. my $20 pair is still going strong after 6 years of walking in mud, rock, and 250 dives.

Yups, beach road army market. I paid about $22 for the low-cut G-Sport brand.

you can wear booties which are used for open heeled fins for diving...25 bucks for a low cut one, try paradiz centre..there's a dive shop on the 3rd floor

Crocs, I would recommend if you are going for outdoor water activity such as rafting in the rivers where you might have to get off the boat and with your waist deep in murky water walk on the river bed. Crocs being tough act as a kind of protection in case you hit your foot against boulders and rocks. It really works.....

Crocs, I would recommend if you are going for outdoor water activity such as rafting in the rivers where you might have to get off the boat and with your waist deep in murky water walk on the river bed. Crocs being tough act as a kind of protection in case you hit your foot against boulders and rocks. It really works.....

Wait till you get cut with a sharp edge... see if you'd still reccomend crocs.

My fren got a BAD cut after his crocs got sliced thru from a sharp edge while he was wading in a location fishing.... :sweat:

if u can take having this water trap in your shoe feeling, then u wear crocs... i can't stand having crocs wet and wearing them...

Not really tried it myself. I thought it has holes to let water out.
Those diving booties will surely give you that feeling.

Wait till you get cut with a sharp edge... see if you'd still reccomend crocs.

My fren got a BAD cut after his crocs got sliced thru from a sharp edge while he was wading in a location fishing.... :sweat:

Mmmm okay the last time we tried it, 3 of us were wading waist deep in rocky terrain at one of the local water bodies while doing a shoot. We were stepping on sharp rocks and stones and it worked for us.

how about KEEN sandal? solid base with toe protection...

Status
Not open for further replies.