Shock as Nikon UK endorses rights-grabbing competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, our local competitions also take a leaf from such competition's books.

And here is where Nikon can surely do better :p *runs from brand zealots*

Some of the comments at the site:

“Why with the erosion of photographers rights being a daily battle does Nikon choose this moment to associate itself with terms that undermine the very rights of their customers ?”
* Graham Harrison, Nikon user for 25 years

“This is the predictable behaviour of a clueless corporation run by macho accountants and marketing types who know the price of everything and the value of nothing, biting the hand that feeds it. Sadly, the bulk of Nikon’s prolix customer base won’t know any better and will happily sign away everything for their nanosecond of fame. The really shrewd lawyers and marketers know that, which is why this particular problem is a hardy perennial. From their cost/benefit point of view, professionals count for little.”
* Paul Ellis, long-term Nikon user

Giants can always afford such hiccups once in a while when their business start to balloon. It all boils down to dollars and cents. Whatever makes money is all that matters. i seriously doubt if this will affect any consumer confidence or anything.

Shortly before going to press, Nikon admitted to EPUK that they had been aware of the terms of the competition since their sponsorship began. A spokesperson told EPUK: “We should stress that the competition is a positive thing. it is aimed solely at amateurs, and we feel it is a nice way for them to get involved in photography. We would like to stress that the terms and conditions you quote are not ours: they were drawn up by Opodo. However, we are happy to discuss these terms with Opodo and will do so in the future.”

this is really bad, i am dissappointed
i hope that Nikon Sg does not do the same

Moral of the story: always read every single fine print even if it is organised by reputable giants :D

Then again.. I've never taken part in any competition.. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.