shld i bank in the money after i won the bid in ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fangyau

Feb 17, 2005
morning all~~~

yesterdy i hav won two bid in ebay.sg,
a canon 20d n a canon pro1.
sell by the same person.
after tht i discover tht this seller live in china now.
he email to me and call me bank in the amount to bank of china or western union.and he will sent the item to me after he reciv the money.

this is the first time i won a bid in ebay.shld i trust him?
im still a student now n the amount of money means quite a lot to me....
any1 with experience pls teach me how to do. :)
thank you

See his review by other. If his reputation is good, no worry else forget abt it. But if he is really selling the items and you back out after you bid it, you will get bad reputation and therefore, your future bidding will be affected. Although I also bid for the first time recently and amount not much, I tried it and now, happy with my stuffs. Anyway, all the best, hope u don't get con.

No u should not.
I dont buy from ebay, but anyone that suggest to use Western Union is kind of suspicious.

Nope... I don't think you should. You can get a 20D off the buy/sell in CS.

Hi fangyau,

you still have not read/heard abt the western union scam? if your winning bid is like 50~70% of the actual price of the item, it IS a scam.

send your money over and you will not get anything back i guarantee you.

remember, when something is too good to be true, it probably is. :nono:

Ok don't mean to sound like an uncle but..

If you're already having reservations means you can't get past yourself to send the cash over and needs some pushing.

So ultimately, you know something is wrong, so don't do it :)

Still possible to post the seller link? :think:

I think you should not bank teh money in. What happen if he does not ship the goods after getting the money? You lose youw cash and all he get is a bad ratings. He can then create another nick/user account and it start all over again.

http://www.ebay.com.sg/viItem?ItemId=7520811642
http://www.ebay.com.sg/viItem?ItemId=7520813815

Dear friend:
Thank you for your ordering my items!
When I receive your payment,I will send the item to you .
1£ºT/T£ºfollow is my bank information:
1)BANK OF CHINA BEIJING BRANCH No.8 YaBaoLu,ChaoYang District,Beijing,China.
2)A/C holder's name:Bing Bai
3)A/C No:4060300-0188-049050-9
4)SWIFT code:BKCH CN BJ 110.
thanks and regards.
2£ºWestern Union (First)
my first name:bing last name:bai address: china
EMS:S$40.
Subtotal: S$850

.If the products is not as describe or picture, you can have money back or change (not including shipping cost).

PACKAGE CONTENTS
Digital Camera EOS 20D
Zoom Lens EF-S18-35mm f/3.5-5.6
Wide Strap EW-100DGR
Battery Charger CG-580
Battery Pack BP-511A
Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
Video Cable VC-100
Software (CD-ROM)

Please ask to still have what problem?

Dear friend:
sorry.Two item total amount.
Thank you for your ordering my items!
When I receive your payment,I will send the item to you .
we accept 2 terms of payment:
1£ºT/T£ºfollow is my bank information:
1)BANK OF CHINA BEIJING BRANCH No.8 YaBaoLu,ChaoYang District,Beijing,China.
2)A/C holder's name:Bing Bai
3)A/C No:4060300-0188-049050-9
4)SWIFT code:BKCH CN BJ 110.
thanks and regards.
2£ºWestern Union (First)
my first name:bing last name:bai address: china
EMS:S$40
Subtotal: S$810+152.5=962.5
If the products is not as describe or picture, you can have money back or change (not including shipping cost).

Canon PowerShot Pro1 8 Megapixel - Item #7520813815
Canon EOS 20D Kit 8.2 Megapixel - Item #7520811642

both of the quotes are copy from the email he sent me

espn said:
Nope... I don't think you should. You can get a 20D off the buy/sell in CS.
120% AGREED...dun buy electronics item like camera frm other place other than SG....cause u wont knw is tht camera is in perfect condition (wht u goin to do if camera faulty during shipment? claim post office or the seller?), on top of tht...whether the guy will send it 2 u is not assured(unless his rating is damn high).
for simplicity sake, buy it in SG... ;)

:) thx for the reply
gtg~do part time to get a SLR now~

These are bloody SCAMS!!!! Hope you learned your lesson! Seller had no feedback at all (nowadays even that doesn't mean much anymore), just do NOT ever send money through western union (money transfer) OR bank wire, unless you know the person.

The prices of these cameras are just too good to be true!!

HS

There is a discussion thread on eBay about using ebay, paypal, western uinon etc......

HS

ERM S$962+ for a 20D + S1 Pro? You must be KIDDING ME.

The guy has no ratings and you should be wary that a China person would want to sell stuff for Singapore dollars.

One more thing: don't worry about getting negative feedback: these fellows don't care about that! They just want a quick buck and run away.........but keep the persons address and report to eBay about the scam......they will deregister the ID.

HS

seller got zero rating.. be careful, be very careful.

fangyau said:
morning all~~~

yesterdy i hav won two bid in ebay.sg,
a canon 20d n a canon pro1.
sell by the same person.
after tht i discover tht this seller live in china now.
he email to me and call me bank in the amount to bank of china or western union.and he will sent the item to me after he reciv the money.

this is the first time i won a bid in ebay.shld i trust him?
im still a student now n the amount of money means quite a lot to me....
any1 with experience pls teach me how to do. :)
thank you
Don't send your money over if you don't trust him. Basically, there's no way you can know whether the camera is phyiscally in good condition. If it's not, you probably can't return it. And that's assuming that he will send you the cameras in the first place. So the odds are actually against you. Of course, the seller is equally suspicious of you, probably thinking whether you are a scam guy or not.

So far from my experience, I don't buy expensive items over ebay or yahoo-auction. I rather pay more to purchase the items locally to have ease of mind. However, if the item itself is cheap, cost little (say >$50), then I don't mind trying out my luck e.g films, DVDs.

Lenscapes said:
seller got zero rating.. be careful, be very careful.

i think even the rating is high also must be careful. Some body and hack and steal other's rating..i saw those before...

just beware. Ask question before bidding is a must to make sure he is in Singapore and you can deal in person. Don't like won already then found out the seller not in Singapore and you feel like you have obligation to commit. Those seller will treaten you by saying why you never ask before bidding and they will report you etc ...to scare you.

Status
Not open for further replies.