Shipping horrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartman2000

Dec 10, 2008
Pasir Ris
Okay so I ordered a guitar from Amazon. It costs 188SGD without shipping. Article weight was 6.6kilos. So that's about 60 dollars of shipping charges. Now, the package gets shipped out, and it arrives at the VPOSTUSA facility weighing 19kilos??!!! They can't have put 10+ kilos of styrofoam to shockproof the guitar right...? Any one know what's going on here? My shipping fees just went up to 170:(

it's probably volumetric weight dude...

i kenna before -_-lll

Okay so I ordered a guitar from Amazon. It costs 188SGD without shipping. Article weight was 6.6kilos. So that's about 60 dollars of shipping charges. Now, the package gets shipped out, and it arrives at the VPOSTUSA facility weighing 19kilos??!!! They can't have put 10+ kilos of styrofoam to shockproof the guitar right...? Any one know what's going on here? My shipping fees just went up to 170:(

What's their packaging like? Did they pack your guitar in a crate?

They calculated it by volumetric weight.

it's probably volumetric weight dude...

i kenna before -_-lll

True. I believe air freight is by volume weight. So if they pack your guitar in a huge box, the space taken will cost you more.

I think its volumetric weight, did a search on it. Going to give Vpost a ring tomorrow. This is really nuts.

At the very least, it costs 1 dollar less than SGpore retail -.-|||

Though I did save about 50 bucks on the Manhattan Portage bag I ordered with the guitar

Rule of thumb guys, do not order bulky items online, even if it weighs 1g....:(

Nah, guitar costs 350, bag costs 102. Only have to pay if something >400. If they somehow total the value I really will vomit blood

Last edited:
lol..... kena before from v-post also.....and i tell myself unless there is no other way, i wouldn't send via v-post....

Crazy... somehow order from overseas the shipping part always gives me the creep. Still, often times need to suppress that phobia and go ahead and click on the button.
We're at their mercy.. or something like that.

ah the great volumetric weight f up

my friend had a similar problem. when the package reached here, we open it to see a single page of newspaper crumpled up as packing filler. stupid seller just increased the weight to two times for no protection what so ever. :angry:

What's their packaging like? Did they pack your guitar in a crate?

Called Vpost, turned out that they put the guitar in a crate that weighs 12kilos-.- So I pay 110 for something that I'm don't need and am probably going to throw away. Anyone need a 120x50x10 box to store stuff? Selling at 30 bucks!!:devil:

Lol welcome to Amazon-works-with-Vpost-to-rip-you-off. :bsmilie:

Nah, guitar costs 350, bag costs 102. Only have to pay if something >400. If they somehow total the value I really will vomit blood

Unfortunately, they may just GST u based on the total including the shipping. It happened to me once when they added the shipping cost into the total bill but I also got away a few times. So pray hard ;)

Sometimes you can try requesting that they pack your item as tightly as possible..

me kana also.

bought this Kata bag for USD 75... but after packing... a less then 2kg bag suddenly weighs a few times more! and i was charged $80+SGD for shipping!

then i email amazon @$@#$W@W@ in the end, they refund me 60+USD. whew! :)

Well TS.... if your guitar made it here safe & sound..... that is already a bonus. Think about saving on $1 but kena scratch on your new guitar :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.