Shh.. don't tell her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grey_fox

Jun 12, 2006
4041439803_975b1c64e9.jpg

1.in what area is critique to be sought?
I will like feedback on the composition and the use of the window light on my wife's foot. This is my very first B&W shot.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
My wife doesn't really like me to take photos of her when she's in her "PJs" and without make-up, so I snuck up and took this shot of her, ensuring that I kept her face totally out of focus. If she did find out, she'll probably ask me to remove this picture altogether :p

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
It was just a candid shot.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I somehow like this picture, it shows peace and serenity during my wife's afternoon siesta.

hey, sorry if this sounds inappropriate, but the picture kinda reminds me of someone bed-ridden at first glance. Might be the b&w that makes the picture look dreary, and the white sheets kinda makes it look hospital-istic.

My interpretation:

Composition

1. Couldn't tell there was a head in the background until you told me so :thumbsup:

2. Brave Candid shoot :thumbsup:

3. The natural lighting is very soothing ... seems peaceful enough but not strong enough for contrast

4. Best angle to approach a feet is: lower a little and towards the centre (not from an angle)

I must say I would give you due credit for your courage. :p

nice idea... but needs some work..

composition wise can be better..the framing is a little to 'head-on'. only her left foot is in focus but not the right. feels a little weird..both should be in focus since they are both your main subjects.

i have no idea what's in the bg..which for this case..doesn't really matter. rite?

hey, sorry if this sounds inappropriate, but the picture kinda reminds me of someone bed-ridden at first glance. Might be the b&w that makes the picture look dreary, and the white sheets kinda makes it look hospital-istic.

No problem bro but still appreciate your critique there. Actually the bedsheet is purple but think due to the window light from the sun, probably blown it out plus the B&W shot :p.

My interpretation:

Composition

1. Couldn't tell there was a head in the background until you told me so :thumbsup:

2. Brave Candid shoot :thumbsup:

3. The natural lighting is very soothing ... seems peaceful enough but not strong enough for contrast

4. Best angle to approach a feet is: lower a little and towards the centre (not from an angle)

I must say I would give you due credit for your courage. :p

Thanks for the feedback & critique. Will work on the composition better in future. When I was looking at the pic, I realised it wasn't as contrasty as what I would like it to be, will work on that area as well :) Yeah, if she did find out I posted this online she'll probably want to scream her head off, thus the total OOF of her face, was afraid that the mirror slap might've woken her up. Thankfully it didn't.

nice idea... but needs some work..

composition wise can be better..the framing is a little to 'head-on'. only her left foot is in focus but not the right. feels a little weird..both should be in focus since they are both your main subjects.

i have no idea what's in the bg..which for this case..doesn't really matter. rite?

Thanks for the critique there, will work more on the framing & composition and the focusing. :p Hope that I can probably get another shot like this or probably her hands when she's sleeping again. The bg is actually the headboard of my bed, my wife's head on the pillow and her holding a book plus her already asleep. Kept her face OOF :p

Status
Not open for further replies.