Shenzhen in China

Status
Not open for further replies.

JL1500k

Apr 14, 2004
Shenzhen got any nice places to visit? Plan to go there from Hong Kong while in holiday.

once u cross the border from HK to shenzhen... shoppping spree liao lol
i tihnk the mall is called luo hu chen or sometihng. cheap cheap cheap stuffs :p

Ya, Luo Hu Chen is famous for getting cheap stuff, mainly imitations. And remember to slash the price if not, u will kana slashed.

There is a place call "Shi Jie Zhi Chuang" (Window of the Worlds) where it a centre that all the main cities are built in a miniture size if i am not wrong. And near by there is a theme park call "Huan Le Gu" where it quite popular for Shenzhen's tourism.

So far these is what i knw, btw when u going to shenzhen? As i will be there next week. Currently i am in Guangzhou.

Ya, Luo Hu Chen is famous for getting cheap stuff, mainly imitations. And remember to slash the price if not, u will kana slashed.

There is a place call "Shi Jie Zhi Chuang" (Window of the Worlds) where it a centre that all the main cities are built in a miniture size if i am not wrong. And near by there is a theme park call "Huan Le Gu" where it quite popular for Shenzhen's tourism.

So far these is what i knw, btw when u going to shenzhen? As i will be there next week. Currently i am in Guangzhou.

Thanks for info and not so soon. Mid of april07 and I had book the air ticket to hongkong Jetstar (having promotion now - one way $80)

once u cross the border from HK to shenzhen... shoppping spree liao lol
i tihnk the mall is called luo hu chen or sometihng. cheap cheap cheap stuffs :p

By train or by Coast bus is faster and cheaper to shenzhen?

One day shop there iszit enough ?

By train or by Coast bus is faster and cheaper to shenzhen?

One day shop there iszit enough ?

Take the KCR Rail in Hong Kong (East Route or they call this the older route) to Lo Wu station and walk across the border (1 min walk) and there you are, in Lo Wu Shopping Centre. Take the MRT in ShenZhen and explore if you have time.

Travel advise:

1. Pickpockets and thieves. Never leave things unattended.
2. Do not litter near the train station. This is one place where they have cops to fine you.
3. Bargain 50% or more when you are there for clothes and stuff.
4. Always check the price before agreeing to any service. Or you will find yourself paying dearly for it.
5. Almost never buy electronic stuff over in ShenZhen. Test, and test and test if you have to. Storage cards are usually bogus.

Take the KCR Rail in Hong Kong (East Route or they call this the older route) to Lo Wu station and walk across the border (1 min walk) and there you are, in Lo Wu Shopping Centre. Take the MRT in ShenZhen and explore if you have time.

Travel advise:

2. Do not litter near the train station. This is one place where they have cops to fine you.
3. Bargain 50% or more when you are there for clothes and stuff. <== yes must bargain!! but might be a bit hard for tourist to get 50%
4. Always check the price before agreeing to any service. Or you will find yourself paying dearly for it.
5. Almost never buy electronic stuff over in ShenZhen. Test, and test and test if you have to. Storage cards are usually bogus.

:thumbsup: good advice!
want to add that u can also take coach across from hk to shenzhen. takes about 1 or 1.5 hrs if i dun remember wrongly.

Travel advise:

3. Bargain 50% or more when you are there for clothes and stuff.

Yup, heard some friends told me not to buy any digital cam or memory card over there.
digicam printed 5 megapixel actually is only 3 megapixel and same for memory card.

So cannot judge the product by outlook and they are very cunning. :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.