Shenton way IR

allenleonhart

Sep 17, 2008
5259776217_0937684ea1_z.jpg

just a shot that i wanted to get CNC, but kept forgetting to do so.

wanted to seek out opinions regarding this area. the challenge i face, is to make the buildings look coherent, without anyone sticking out like a sore thumb. shot in IR to tap on the depth it creates while making use of the sky to draw a nice contrast.

cnc pls

hmm.... the perspective is OK but a very popular one......nothing wrong with that

Using BW or IR has worked to keep the building coherent in at least its tones

its got a nice steely tone to it

images.... even landscapes.... need to engage the viewer ....just personal preference but I'd prefer a close up telephoto version of this so that I can examine each building more closely

post more la!

Bit more sky (clouds are interesting), less water (it's boring) - will make for a better panorama. If you want to keep all the water, because you want to have a full reflection - still add more sky.

Also a slightly wider lens - giving you a bit more 'space' left and right of all the buildings; should improve the picture

Bit more sky (clouds are interesting), less water (it's boring) - will make for a better panorama. If you want to keep all the water, because you want to have a full reflection - still add more sky.

Also a slightly wider lens - giving you a bit more 'space' left and right of all the buildings; should improve the picture

well... the more sky, wider view not exactly possible:sweat: i dun own anything more than a 17mm, which really gives a 24 on a 1.6 crop:sweat::sweat:

i guess i might need a bit more elevation for a higher perspective. maybe can get more sky then hmm. i'll try scout for a better angle. thanks!

Last edited:
hmm.... the perspective is OK but a very popular one......nothing wrong with that

Using BW or IR has worked to keep the building coherent in at least its tones

its got a nice steely tone to it

images.... even landscapes.... need to engage the viewer ....just personal preference but I'd prefer a close up telephoto version of this so that I can examine each building more closely

post more la!

close up tele version as in?:think: individual buildings each one one shot ar...

this composition is pretty much the best i can get (after scouting around) cause it seems to be the cleanest i guess, maybe thats why its so popular. i was hoping the IR would draw out the steely cut out from the back ground feel of the overall image. thanks for all the comments!

*edit: just to clarify, what u do u mean by engage the viewers? thanks:D

Last edited:
engaging the viewer means essentially keeping one's attention on the image, provoking thoughts, comparisons, ideas or even a simple 'hmmm... thats interesting....' ..... i dont mean shooting the buildings one by one but rather using a tele to draw the entire scene closer so that each building's structure, texture and details can be examined more closely

Last edited:
engaging the viewer means essentially keeping one's attention on the image provoking thoughts, comparisons, ideas or even a simple 'hmmm... thats interesting....' ..... i dont mean shooting the buildings one by one but rather using a tele to draw the entire scene closer so that each building's structure, texture and details can be examined more closely

ooo okkies:think: thats challenging. i'll try on my next attempt:) thanks! and happy lunar new year!

love the tone.;p

Just personal preference that I would love to see more clouds on top right as it seems to be rather interesting and as such, left would need a little more space to balance up the tightness.

Anyway, this is quite nice. Perspective wise taken care of...

wanted to seek out opinions regarding this area. the challenge i face, is to make the buildings look coherent, without anyone sticking out like a sore thumb. shot in IR to tap on the depth it creates while making use of the sky to draw a nice contrast.

cnc pls

Overall, I like it, but I feel that the crop at the left is a little too tight...
Furthermore, I couldn't really tell that it was an IR photo, except from the itsy bitsy trees in the middle~
Looked more like BW o_O

Overall, I like it, but I feel that the crop at the left is a little too tight...
Furthermore, I couldn't really tell that it was an IR photo, except from the itsy bitsy trees in the middle~
Looked more like BW o_O

thats good thats good:bsmilie:

my feel of IR is to make it more acceptable, and less conspicuous. some ppl cannot take IR as it is, so this is kinda for the moderate cases. the cut off was 720. coupled with in built blocking, the effect is nice for the tones:)

i thought the crop was too tight too... but then again, 17mm (24 on crop) means i have to selectively choose:think: i'll see if i can take a step back or something again when i go back

cnc pls

Hmm... I can't see any pic. Maybe need IR glasses :cry: