Shelter for Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

siron

Mar 18, 2002
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
Hello...How is this shot? It was taken while on Holiday in Vietnam. Its at Nha Trang Beach area. very nice place with so many nice sceneries that you can take. For this shot, I am trying to capture abit of lonely shot feeling .

Shot taken using the Sony Alpha. Comments?

sheltersmallbg9.jpg
sheltersmall2xx3.jpg

I think the white balance is off, the cloulds aren't white.....if you shoot in RAW, you can adjust it easily.:)

Personally I like it in landscape and see more to the left where the seats are facing....since the sky is plain...portrait works only if the sky is with interesting clouds. And I would stand a little more to the left to have more view of the seats. Anyway, all are my personal thinking lah.:)

I think it'll be better in landscape orientation. Just my 2cents.

I am sure there can be something different.

The shelter seems more an obscuration than a subject. The scenery in the bkgd seems interesting but the shelter was not positioned to take most advantage of it.

The deck chairs are also neither here nor there. show or not showing? shadowed or detailed?

Too well centred and there isn't enough of the foreground showing that it is in isolation.

Hi Siron,

Thanks for posting your stuff. Perhaps the rule of thirds could have been applied here to get the viewer a little more involved. I agree with "alloymist" in the orientation.
I can see where you were going with this and perhaps it could be expanded to include some of the left and right of the frame. Nice work - keep the shutter clicks coming!:)

Hi Siron,

Thanks for posting your stuff. Perhaps the rule of thirds could have been applied here to get the viewer a little more involved. I agree with "alloymist" in the orientation.
I can see where you were going with this and perhaps it could be expanded to include some of the left and right of the frame. Nice work - keep the shutter clicks coming!:)

Thanks... infact I have taken some picture with the rule of third....But I want to focus it right smack on the center for this one as I thought its what I want to capture. Well still Thanks for the comments.

About the WB is out? I really can't feel so... Maybe my monitor is not calibrated as my friend suggested to me. :)

Please correct the tilted horizon. Scenic landscapes don't really go well with tilts (generally)

And yes, your friend needs to re-calibrate the monitor for you. There is this bad purple hue to everything.

With a dedicated screen calibrator device... You can do a search for Spyder2, Gretag Macbeth (not sure if I got the spelling right), etc.

Colour calibration is very important when you start to post-process your photos. Which I think was what happened here, your screen colours are off, thus you happily tweaked the colours without knowing that to others with calibrated screens, it looks really odd.

I mean purple coloured skies are ok, we frequently see them at the twilight hours, but in your case, the purple hue is everywhere and in broad daylight under the mid-day sun (judging by the shadows)

Status
Not open for further replies.