Sheares Bridge Night View

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scann69

Feb 25, 2005
Singapore
scann69.fotopic.net
Here are the pictures taken from Sheares Bridge.
Kinda sad with the results i got. I doubt it has much to do with the haze. Overall setting on the camera is bad and the noise i got even at ISO80 is just....noisy :cry: Well, comments will be great.

Picture 1.
y83shf.jpg

Picture 2.
y83shs.jpg

Picture 3.
y83sh8.jpg

Picture 4.
y83shc.jpg

Took some just now. its kind of hazy over the fullerton there. Cant seems to have everythings in focus.

No 3, 4 & 5 shows the power of 12x zoom....
well done....

Try to play around with white balance... its pretty interesting....
Over all, 3 4 &5 are the better ones....

1 & 2 not so sharp.... I think tripod is shacking....

My suggestion:

If you want to take these photos with good effect, go on a day where you know that the weather and sky is clear.

Also, don't go too late. Try to be there around 6.45pm to 7pm, so that you will have enough time to do the set up, take some metering, check out your composition. The actual shots should be around 7pm onward, by 7.45pm, it will be too dark to shoot, the color effect will not be nice anymore.

Don't go on a weekend or public holidays, since you will see most of the buildings are dark dark...no light in the building, since minimum people are working over the weekend or public holidays.

Remember: Photography is all about light source and composition control....

Snap on mate, snap on....

Scann69 said:
Picture 1.
y83shf.jpg

This photo can be nice if:

1. Crop tight
2. Slightly longer exposure, probably increase by 1 stop

My S$0.02 worth of thought....

Probably cause it was taken on the field than on the bridge, different angle?

LifeWorld said:
Anyone knows why the water looks like solid ground? Especially 2nd pic. :dunno:

Solid ground look is due to long exposure.
The water was constantly moving, thus with a long exposure, the movement of the water blur to form a solid foundation.

If only we had flash, you would be able to see people ice skating around below the merlion. :bsmilie:

rhair78 said:
The water was constantly moving, thus with a long exposure, the movement of the water blur to form a solid foundation.

If only we had flash, you would be able to see people ice skating around below the merlion. :bsmilie:

Thanks.
And that's a good one! :bsmilie:

rhair78 said:

Good answer mr ricky.

i like it.

Have to play ard the white balance. Will be better in that sense. JD pointed out good point of the timing and day.

Ricky also pointed good explanation. Long explosure will make the water look like a floor. Just like those waterfalls, long explosure will make the water smoother and whiter like milk. :D

I am the last of the 3 party that went up to the bridge.
and here are the 4 pics only that turned out decent... :cry:

Me and the crew: Christopher / Kavan / Ricky

DSC_1157.jpg

CBD as the sun is setting:

DSC_1158.jpg

Flowing towards the CBD:

DSC_1164.jpg

CBD by night: Apologies for the OOF..

DSC_1185.jpg

Flowing towards the CBD:

DSC_1164.jpg

DSC_1185.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice pic. :) For flowing towards CBD is that a speed boat? Cause 8 sec cannot get that... Is this camera u using FZ20? Dun think can get that effect with FZ20 8sec. Like the #1 shot too, sharp and nicely exposed. The flash is powerful yet did not over-exp the face, you did a bounce? Think for the last one its abit over-exposed, maybe a ND will help here. Just a suggestion
Sorry for asking so many qns.

Great shots Ricky, as usual your composition is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh ya, Flowing Towards CBD, could be renamed "Enter The Dragon"? maybe looked liked a Dragon was swiming under the river.

../azul123

josho said:
Ricky- i interested to know ur last setting? U +ev? Flo WB?

Yup, using flourescent WB.
Used camera metering for exposure, was slightly under, so just use auto-contrast in ps to up the contrast.

Hey Ricky,
Beautiful night shots. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Can share the techniques?
Is it change the camera? hahaha. :bigeyes:

flowerpot99 said:
Flowing towards the CBD:

DSC_1164.jpg

DSC_1185.jpg

Nice pic. :) For flowing towards CBD is that a speed boat? Cause 8 sec cannot get that... Is this camera u using FZ20? Dun think can get that effect with FZ20 8sec. Like the #1 shot too, sharp and nicely exposed. The flash is powerful yet did not over-exp the face, you did a bounce? Think for the last one its abit over-exposed, maybe a ND will help here. Just a suggestion
Sorry for asking so many qns.

Yup flowerpot99, I had to use another cam that could go beyond 8 secs for the shots. Used 30sec exposure. For shot 1, can use the slow sync mode on FZ20 to achieve the shot, where back is nicely lighted and yet subjects are nice and properly exposed. I used omnibounce on the flash so it would not be too harsh. Noted about last shot.. too burnt.. going to lower the exposure and edit into my original post. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.