She with her new phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliank

Feb 11, 2006
www.harveststorm.com
113758327_cfde0774db.jpg

Guys, comments are welcome.

i have no comments as yet, but i have a question.

what do you intend to achieve by taking this photograph? it doesn't speak to me, except a typical-candid-casual snapshot to me.

Stereobox said:

what do you intend to achieve by taking this photograph? it doesn't speak to me, except a typical-candid-casual snapshot to me.

the photo dont speak to u, then u speak to the photo la~ ;p

"hi r u a photo?"

zhang3feng said:

"hi r u a photo?"

:rolleyes: like tat also can?

IMO: the angle abit slanted. and as commented, the photo lacks the message u're trying to show. for the title u gave, i will zoom in and focus on her and the phone.

well, just my 2cents.

zhang3feng said:

"hi r u a photo?"

sorry, i don't make the first move one hor :nono:

but seriously speaking (pun pun), TS is requesting for critique since he posted this in Critique Corner. when a picture gets too :dunno: for me, usually that's the first line of question i'll ask.

maybe i have the wrong approach...but it works somehow to understand the intention of the photographer. from there on, perhaps it would be easier to suggest alternative ways of clarifying/getting that message across.

Stereobox said:
sorry, i don't make the first move one hor :nono:

but seriously speaking (pun pun), TS is requesting for critique since he posted this in Critique Corner. when a picture gets too :dunno: for me, usually that's the first line of question i'll ask.

maybe i have the wrong approach...but it works somehow to understand the intention of the photographer. from there on, perhaps it would be easier to suggest alternative ways of clarifying/getting that message across.

*better siam b4 flame war starts*

*z3f sneaking thru the backdoor*

Stereobox said:

hi stereobox,

My message is to show how captivated is she over her new phone. By the way, i am also learning. thanks for the comments.

aliank said:
hi stereobox,

My message is to show how captivated is she over her new phone. By the way, i am also learning. thanks for the comments.

maybe can show more expressions in her eyes towards the HP & also a different angle that show her more of her face & hp. background not related to what u are expressing.. so i suggest u can crop the background away :think:

jus treat it as some zenny fellow uttering rubbish here :bsmilie:

aliank said:
113758327_cfde0774db.jpg

Guys, comments are welcome.

if your purpose is to show the lady and her new phone, i'd suggest you concentrate on her and the phone. crop out the background (the fan above her head is distracting), show more of her face (move the hair away from her other eye), zoom in on where the action is. the backgroudn doesn't help in telling the story. if you can capture the reflection of the phone backlight in her eyes, that would be better. move around. you're using a digital camera right? shoot, shoot, and shoot, you can easily edit later (that's the advantage of digital, helps immensely in the learning stage)

you may want to change the angle and capture more of her hands working the phone.

good that you didn't use a flash, the natural light is good. (a bit blown out though on the top of her left hand.)

i assume this is a 'candid' moment kind of thing, rather than a posed picture? if it's the latter, patch17 has suggested some pointers on how to get a stronger composition and technical considerations to look out for. i feel they are worth considering which may help bring out the message (of course, it's your call how you interpret and apply)

*OT* although the part about capturing the "reflection of the phone backlight in her eyes" may be a bit tough :sweat: the overall ambient overpowers the backlight by alot, i assume. a good example...take out your own mobilephone in similar lighting conditions and see if the backlight is readily seen. but it's a good idea anyway~ */OT*

as a 'candid' shot, the part which patch17 suggested about moving around and shoot,shoot,shoot might not work. in fact, it might not work at all if you are going for capturing her spontaneous expressions and reactions to the phone. if i were her, i would go 'W T F' ;p

in this instance, capturing the 'feeling' of the moment is a more important consideration over the rest. at this moment in time, i do not have what it takes to tell u how it works. but i can suggest looking more and studying more about pictures which work for you. try to see what is it about the picture that works for you, and how the photographer go about doing it. build up your own library of 'feelings' and apply it your way.

like patch suggested, if you are on digital..shoot,shoot,shoot (if only i practice what i suggested T_T ) however, do consider this....shooting more, means the chances of getting more booboo shots goes higher too. don't let it become a case of randomly choosing a few good shots out of a ton of so-so ones. be aware of what you are doing and what your possible mistakes are.

:sweat: i'm actually talking more about myself :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.