shd be camelia.....yah ...rite...camelia

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerMic2008

Apr 28, 2008
Lovely camelia...when will i get to see you again???

3124873170_f367cbae36_b.jpg

3124877032_69acf68051_b.jpg

3124881782_e84defe475_b.jpg

What on earth did you do to Camelia?
Her skin looked bruised.
Her skin tone looked sickly.
Her skin looked like a mess with spores so big you can almost see through them, and blemishes that reminded me of the moon.

Am I being harsh, yes. Your pictures are horrible. I have no idea what you did, hence, useless for me to suggest how you could have done better. Therefore, my only suggestion is reshoot.

Her skin looked bruised.
Her skin looked like a mess with spores so big you can almost see through them, and blemishes that reminded me of the moon.

Am I being harsh, yes. Your pictures are horrible. I have no idea what you did, hence, useless for me to suggest how you could have done better. Therefore, my only suggestion is reshoot.

.....whats wrong with spores..... ah...so you must be a doctor by day to know that her skin is sick by looking at it..... well dont suggest you try to understand the beauty of imperfection... hence the clueless

Actually, DP meant Pores.

.....whats wrong with spores..... ah...so you must be a doctor by day to know that her skin is sick by looking at it..... well dont suggest you try to understand the beauty of imperfection... hence the clueless

This is way beyond imperfection.

The first picture, there appeared to be a big black patch, I cannot think of how to describe it but a "bruise" jsut above the model's left breast and another smaller one below her right collar bone. Then there is the ultra flat lighting ...

The second picture, were you testing how sharp your lens is? I don't care what equipment you used, unless you were trying to showcase the model's face, with all the imperfections. If that is what you want to do, job well done. However, the lighting is once again flat and boring. The eye make up is a mess, the hair is a mess. Oh forgot, imperfection is the goal of the day.

The third picture, is probably the best of the lot.

My comments are not personal, but I am blunt, and I am honest. I will not sugar coat my criticisms, nor will I laced my comments with lies. If you don't like it, well, too bad.

This seems fast becoming a signature in Ivan's shoot.
Everyone has to or wants to try one of these when they are at the shoot.

BUT not everyone will get the same results.

This one looks messy to me with too many lines .... the steps and the fan grille is really clashing.

I believe what DP mentioned "the dark patch" should be a shadow from her proped up knee ... something to look out for next time ...

But take note the face .... there are grey discoloration patched all over ... most obvious is on her nose, left eye (model's left) and her jawline ... I am not sure if this is just my monitor.

I believe what DP mentioned "the dark patch" should be a shadow from her proped up knee ... something to look out for next time ...

But take note the face .... there are grey discoloration patched all over ... most obvious is on her nose, left eye (model's left) and her jawline ... I am not sure if this is just my monitor.

for some strange reason, i have no clue where is the dark patches on any knee?? i seriously dont see any dark grey patches....

unfortunately, I ve to second what they saw..those 'grey patches' :sweat:

This is way beyond imperfection.

The first picture, there appeared to be a big black patch, I cannot think of how to describe it but a "bruise" jsut above the model's left breast and another smaller one below her right collar bone. Then there is the ultra flat lighting ...

The second picture, were you testing how sharp your lens is? I don't care what equipment you used, unless you were trying to showcase the model's face, with all the imperfections. If that is what you want to do, job well done. However, the lighting is once again flat and boring. The eye make up is a mess, the hair is a mess. Oh forgot, imperfection is the goal of the day.

The third picture, is probably the best of the lot.

My comments are not personal, but I am blunt, and I am honest. I will not sugar coat my criticisms, nor will I laced my comments with lies. If you don't like it, well, too bad.

Well your comments are not only honest but to your own individual opinion, you dont even know how the imperfection of the models face came about, and how can you make statements without the facts.... you have no need to coat sugar nor lace your comments... what you need is to figure out facts before you comment..... I could have easily pp the imperfection away but i chose not to do it..... then again i dont expect the majority to understand why....

for some strange reason, i have no clue where is the dark patches on any knee?? i seriously dont see any dark grey patches....
IMO.... it is most likely the bokeh of something ... maybe a flash unit /head?
Obviously not imperfection of the model, but more like carelessness of the photographer to not able to spot it so clearly ... :think:

Her name is spelled Camila not camelia ;(

Last edited:
Well your comments are not only honest but to your own individual opinion, you dont even know how the imperfection of the models face came about, and how can you make statements without the facts.... you have no need to coat sugar nor lace your comments... what you need is to figure out facts before you comment..... I could have easily pp the imperfection away but i chose not to do it..... then again i dont expect the majority to understand why....

It is one thing to want the shots to look as natural as possible but these just look sloppy. You do realize that there are ways to pp shots so they still look natural right? as someone pointed out earlier the grey spot is VERY unflattering and bro at least pp out the mark on her forehead la. :nono:

It is one thing to want the shots to look as natural as possible but these just look sloppy. You do realize that there are ways to pp shots so they still look natural right? as someone pointed out earlier the grey spot is VERY unflattering and bro at least pp out the mark on her forehead la. :nono:

JerMic,

Can I assume that this is the first time you are attending Ivan's shoot? Because if you are, you have to understand that outdoor location shoots are a challenge to many photogs, esp for noobs like me. I have attended three of Ivan's shoots before and the challenge in these shoots are getting the lighting and colours right. What you said about the beauty of imperfections, while I do not exactly know from which angle you are coming from, but there are certain key areas here which I have picked up from the likes of DP and the rest like Flipfreak.

1) The skin colour looks way off. Even with Ivan's gold reflectors to warm the skin, what I see here is something that is pale. Understanding that this may be a morning shoot, the light source is actually one of the better ones. The other being an evening shoot. Try to utilise that to your advantage.
2) The black areas are presumably shadows that I see, esp the one on her left chest area. Things like that are spoil the picture. Shooting through the fan has almost become a repertoire in shoots that Ivan holds. Every single person has tried before, even I had, just once. But did not like the effect to begin with. From your pic, the lines are still very much in focus. This causes a mess as lines have been running all over the place.
3) The scar on her forehead. That is very prominent. If that is the imperfection that you want for it to remain, then you have attained it. What you could have done is to lighten the scar, if you do not want to cover it. I figured that you might have gotten the idea from the Yumi thread. But if you look real close, that scar has been fashioned. It is lighter and not so prominent. For your pic, the scar stands out like a sore thumb.

Everyone, every model has imperfections. Models themselves will make every effort to mask that imperfection as much as they can. In that case, you as the photo should also help them to. I have made my fair share of not covering imperfections as well, it is just that I do not post these up because I feel that they are not up to my mark. I am here to get critiqued each time I post, and I will always look forward to each. Call me weird, but that is the way I am looking to improve.

JerMic,

Can I assume that this is the first time you are attending Ivan's shoot? Because if you are, you have to understand that outdoor location shoots are a challenge to many photogs, esp for noobs like me. I have attended three of Ivan's shoots before and the challenge in these shoots are getting the lighting and colours right. What you said about the beauty of imperfections, while I do not exactly know from which angle you are coming from, but there are certain key areas here which I have picked up from the likes of DP and the rest like Flipfreak.

1) The skin colour looks way off. Even with Ivan's gold reflectors to warm the skin, what I see here is something that is pale. Understanding that this may be a morning shoot, the light source is actually one of the better ones. The other being an evening shoot. Try to utilise that to your advantage.
2) The black areas are presumably shadows that I see, esp the one on her left chest area. Things like that are spoil the picture. Shooting through the fan has almost become a repertoire in shoots that Ivan holds. Every single person has tried before, even I had, just once. But did not like the effect to begin with. From your pic, the lines are still very much in focus. This causes a mess as lines have been running all over the place.
3) The scar on her forehead. That is very prominent. If that is the imperfection that you want for it to remain, then you have attained it. What you could have done is to lighten the scar, if you do not want to cover it. I figured that you might have gotten the idea from the Yumi thread. But if you look real close, that scar has been fashioned. It is lighter and not so prominent. For your pic, the scar stands out like a sore thumb.

Everyone, every model has imperfections. Models themselves will make every effort to mask that imperfection as much as they can. In that case, you as the photo should also help them to. I have made my fair share of not covering imperfections as well, it is just that I do not post these up because I feel that they are not up to my mark. I am here to get critiqued each time I post, and I will always look forward to each. Call me weird, but that is the way I am looking to improve.

:thumbsup:

Her skin looked bruised.

I used to hate DP comments but after reading more of his comments, i start to become a fans of him. He is harsh, but at least he is being honest to point out the details where many of us might has missed carelessly.

#3 is good :thumbsup:

Ya true, I just started portraiture a couple of months back, but rarely posted at first, coz photos all super cannot make it. But I follow some of the harsh critques, think about it, engage more with the post-processing process and follow the advice of of the other members which provided timely simple tutorials on post-processing. I wouldnt say I became very good, but I feel that I improved and I am still seeking further improvements for my style. Without harsh criticisms, no one will learn. This is the photography industry.

You are one of the most misguided shutter clicker I ran across.

Does the viewer really care how you did something bad? No. The end result stands on its own. If the pictures are bad, they are bad no matter how you did it.

What facts do I need to figure out? I need to figure them out if I want to tell you hoe to fix it. However, in this case, I am not telling you how to fix it. I am just telling you how bad they are, and if you are enlightened, you might try to figure them out, what went wrong rather than coming out with excuses to justify your mistakes.

I guess you wont, and that is your choice.

Last edited:
You are one of the most misguided shutter clicker I ran across.

Does the view reaaly care how you did somehting bad? No. The end result stands on its own. If the pictures are bad, they are bad nomatter how you did it.

What facts do I need to figure out? I need to figure them out if I want to tell you hoe to fix it. However, in this case, I don't am not telling you how to fix it. I am just telling you how bad they are, and if you are enlightened, you might try to figure them out.

I guess you wont, and that is your choice.

We are not here to hold anyone's hand but all this mudslinging is just gonna result in a vicious cycle that NEEDS TO BE BROKEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.