Shattered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvin

Jun 4, 2005
TPY
Believe it or not my parent's Bedroom window shartted by the strong wind last night!

IMG_5849.jpg

Really duno how it shattered!:dunno: :confused:

i believe that's a wardrobe by the window. was it there permanently or somebody moved it there recently to block the gaping hole in the window?

let's say the wardrobe was there all along and the window wasn't open. the only possible explanation of the shattering glass is the wind carried something and smacked it on the window. could it be a bird? :bsmilie:

i believe that's a wardrobe by the window. was it there permanently or somebody moved it there recently to block the gaping hole in the window?

let's say the wardrobe was there all along and the window wasn't open. the only possible explanation of the shattering glass is the wind carried something and smacked it on the window. could it be a bird? :bsmilie:

Actually is a bed by the window the wooden board is place there after the window shattered.
At the time wind was blowing window is 1/3 open and wasnt hit by anything cos no sound was heard and it just shattered inwards which narrowly missed my mum who is sitting on her bed nearby the window! :sweat:

It could be caused by flying debris blown by the wind or it just so happened that the winds had caused the windows to vibrate at the natural resonance frequency of the glass, causing the glass to fail.

Most likely debris... the window pane glass isn't very thick anyway and the design isn't really strong either, esp for our climate which does not encounter strong winds very often.

This is also a reason why you see the Hong-kongers tape up their windows when they receive a strong wind warning.... it's to prevent the glass from shattering into many small pieces.

so far, our weather people has not offerred any explanation about the unusual and sudden strong wind last night.

Yeah boy... the sudden gust of wind yesterday was a little scary. Its like someone just turned on the fan at maximum speed. LOL!

so far, our weather people has not offerred any explanation about the unusual and sudden strong wind last night.

They happily went offline during the time when we experienced the winds! ahahah

It could be caused by flying debris blown by the wind or it just so happened that the winds had caused the windows to vibrate at the natural resonance frequency of the glass, causing the glass to fail.

Most likely debris... the window pane glass isn't very thick anyway and the design isn't really strong either, esp for our climate which does not encounter strong winds very often.

This is also a reason why you see the Hong-kongers tape up their windows when they receive a strong wind warning.... it's to prevent the glass from shattering into many small pieces.

Flying debris unlikely cos no sound of impact is heard!:sweatsm:

Was thinking is it becos next to the window is the wall which act as a reflect for the wind under pressure the glass shattered!:think:

Flying debris unlikely cos no sound of impact is heard!:sweatsm:

Was thinking is it becos next to the window is the wall which act as a reflect for the wind under pressure the glass shattered!:think:

Maybe the wind was strong enough to do it by itself? The wind last night sounded like it was slamming into my windows.:bigeyes:

A small projectile at high speed can shatter the glass easy. It's time to change to a better glass. That glass is very dangerous when broken. Try to get tempered glass. It will break into small bits, not large segments.

GMAN

Believe it or not my parent's Bedroom window shartted by the strong wind last night!

Really duno how it shattered!:dunno: :confused:
You went OUTSIDE of the flat to take this pic? Very dangerous!! What floor are they staying? :bsmilie:

HS

You went OUTSIDE of the flat to take this pic? Very dangerous!! What floor are they staying? :bsmilie:

HS

#04 la...

No la took the picts from kitchen.:bsmilie:

HS

Shouldn't be high floor cos can see tree reflection on the glass. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.